Thread: For playing Sims 3 which graphic card and processor do you recommend?

For playing Sims 3 which graphic card and processor do you recommend?

Hello friends, I have an issue in playing the game Sims 3 in my computer, the computer is around 3 years old and also the processor and the motherboard that is been used is not of matching the requirement of the game at present, so I am trying to change my hard ware for better performance in the game, the operating system that I am using is windows xp, also I would like you to select the system in such a way that it give me best performance in less money as I am short of it. The configuration I am looking is not only for the game purpose but for all the section where you require the system.

re: For playing Sims 3 which graphic card and processor do you recommend?

Hello, according to the problem that you have mentioned above, you have not mentioned anything about the external video card that most of the people use to play the game in a smoother format, I would personally go for some video card which is not that expensive rather than changing the whole system, work in a smart way rather than the hard way. But if you are so much interested in changing the system that I would recommend you to install an video card first, if the problem persist than the video card that you have purchased can be easily installed in the new system too, so you are not loosing as such, also you may think that the motherboard is having onboard graphics in it, but trust me it is not recommended to use that thing for a huge game like this.

Hello there, I went through your solution and it seems that I am also facing this kind of the problem, the processor that I have in the computer is Athlon XP 2400+ and it is of 1.67 GHz, but most of the game require the minimum of 2 GHz of the processor speed, I also purchased the 256 MB GeForce 6200 AGP card without knowing my processor speed, when I came to know about it then I told the customer care of the graphic card manufacturer about the problem but they were not able to solve the issue that I was facing, so because of that I had to return the graphic card only back, It was a waste of time due to my silly mistake, so now I am trying to buy the graphic card named as ATI Radeon HD3200 or the GeForce 8200 HDMI since both has a similar features and they are also well known in the market.

According to me, if you want to upgrade your system then it would be better that you upgrade your video card that is not present in the motherboard. To play the Sims 3 or any of the similar game it is better that you go for the graphic card that is in your budget, the ATI HD 5770 or HD 4850 will be the best in your budget and it also help in working of most of the game in the normal mode and it will help you increasing any other part of the system with the remaining money that is present with you. If you change your mind and try to spend some extra money in the graphic card then I would recommend you to go for any version of the nVidia as they are the best one for high resolution of the games.

The one thing you have to change in your system is the motherboard, since it is a older one it is better that you go to change the motherboard in such a way that you don’t have to change it for around four to five years, if you just keep changing a single module of the system, It will be creating problem for the compatible issue with the other old model of your system, also buy a good graphic card if you want to play the game in the computer, I would suggest for you to go with the Geforce XFX 9800 GTX, but ind you it is expensive, but if you do that it is worth the money you are investing and also you don’t have change the component again and again.

Re: For playing Sims 3 which graphic card and processor do you recommend?

Yes my friend the guy has written a sensible thing in the post of his, it is not a good practice you know to just keep on changing a single module in the system it is always better that you go for a whole system change, according to me the best thing you can do is change your motherboard and install a new graphic card in it. You can go with any version of the ASUS motherboard and AMD Athlon dual core processor, the video card that you can take is of radeon HD 4650 512 MB and see the quotation on the internet before you go to buy it , so that you will get a better idea of the price.