Thread: Unable boot system with MSI R5770 Hawk on a MSI MS-7093 Mainboard.

Unable boot system with MSI R5770 Hawk on a MSI MS-7093 Mainboard.

Hello I am using MSI MS-7093 main board and I installed MSI R5770 Hawk graphic card. But I won’t boot my computer. It shows me power on and processor fan in working state but my system doesn’t boot. I am using windows XP operating system service pack 3. My system model is AWRDACPI and I am using AMD Athlon 64 processor with 1.8 GHz. My current BIOS version is 3.90. I am using 1022 MB RAM in my system. I replace my graphic card with my old MSI Geforce NX7600GT graphic card. And it works fine with my main board. So I think it’s a graphic card problem. Please help me.

Re: Unable boot system with MSI R5770 Hawk on a MSI MS-7093 Mainboard.

Hello according to me you have to clear your CMOS. And please remove power cord. After that observer changes if there is no change there are few reasons. First reason is weak PSU. You cannot clean your CMOS if your PSU is weak. And the second reason is old mainboard. Old mainboard require BIOS update to support 5xxx series. For this you can contact MSI service center. You have to ask is this possible for this board or not if the answer is yes then tell them to send such BIOS for your system. And the third main reason is VGA failure itself.

Hello thank you for your quick reply according to your information I reset the CMOS but it’s not working in my system. I try to find solution on internet but still no success form there also. According to me I think there is problem with my main board and now I have to contact to MSI techs and have to wait for their response on my query. Thank you for your help if anyone have any idea please shares your knowledge with us so I can solve this problem. All replies are greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Hi according to my information, your power supply is not good. That would explain why a low to medium it five years ago? Operation of the card works but not the 5770. Huntkey not be trusted. Motherboard can only participate in so that it might require some BIOS update just for the new graphics card but I do not think even a day will solve your problem completely. According to me you have to try some other technical method to solve this problem.

Hello thank you for your information. I cannot get the system to boot at all, so I cannot even access the BIOS setup. I checked the card in my PC friends and it works well (not sure of their technical specifications, but it is a new Intel system). There have been ongoing problems with any or all brands of 5770 do not work in several MB in the past. For some BIOS, a BIOS update would fix it. You may MSI BIOS can reach a solution for you. Thank you again but do you have any other suggestion so I can fix this problem.

Hello I am facing this problem .I buy a new Gigabyte Odin 585w power supply and still I am facing this similar kind of problem my system configuration is same as per the above description. I also conduct with MSI and MSI tech gives me following replies on my query.
    Thank you for contacting MSI technical support team!
    As for your apprehension, we are deeply sorry that this motherboard has been removed and has left for a long time. We no longer maintain that motherboard for a long time. V3.9 is the latest BIOS for your motherboard BIOS. Sorry for the inconvenience caused here!