Thread: Windows 7: Screen resolution get changed after every startup

Windows 7: Screen resolution get changed after every startup

I have installed Windows 7 32bit on the computer of mine. From past few days I am having very frustrating problem with this particular operating system. Well whenever I reboot the computer of mine the resolution of my monitor gets down to 800x600 from 1280x768. I tried everything to figure out the root cause of the problem but I have not found anything which I can suspect. Now I am asking to all of who can help me out to get rid out from this frustrating situation. Any suggestion would be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Windows 7: Screen resolution get changed after every startup

Looking at the situation I am unable to figure out the root cause of the problem. I am asking certain question which you answer and let me know the answers with the next post of yours.
    1. Did you made any hardware or software changes recently on the computer of yours?
    2. Do you have installed any game on the computer recently?
    3. Have you updated the graphic card drivers on the computer?
    Answer the above and let me know as soon as possible so that I can let you further troubleshooting steps to fix the problem.

I have seen that resolution of the monitor gets changes due to game or due to some conflict. I recommend that you should go for clean boot and find out which application is causing the problem on the computer of yours.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for Start Search box and type msconfig.exe and hit enter from the keyboard.
    • In case it is prompted for Administrator password then enter the same.
    • Now go for General tab and go for Selective startup and click on Load startup items checkbox.
    • You have to click on Service tab and click on Hide all Microsoft services and click on Disable All.
    • Now you have to click on Ok button and restart the computer.
    • You have to enable half services and restart your computer and see whether problem exist or not. You should try to find out which program is causing the issue on the computer.
    • If you have found the same you need to contact the developer of the program to fix the issue.
    • In case you have not found the root cause then you need to enable half service in the program.

I am providing some typical steps which you can use to set the screen resolution of your computer.
    • You have to click on the Start button and go for Control Panel on the computer of yours.
    • Now go for Appearance and Personalization and click on Adjust screen resolution.
    • You have to click on drop down list near the option Resolution. Now choose the desire resolution and Apply the same.
    • Now click on the Keep in order to newly change resolution or otherwise click on Revert to use the previous resolution.

Finally I have managed to find out the root cause of the problem on the computer of mine. ‘Windows Live Mesh Remote Connections service’ service on the computer of mine was directly causing the problem on the computer of mine. Well I have disabled the service and from where I am not having any issue. in order to disable the service you need to use the following instruction on the computer of yours.
    • You have to click on the Control Panel and go for System Security. Now click on Administrative Tools.
    • Now click on Service and go for ‘Windows Live Mesh Remote Connections service’ and right click on it and choose Properties from the right click Context Menu. Now you should click on Disable from the Startup type.

I was having the similar kind of problem which you have mentioned in this particular thread. Well I have done something which you can use to fix the problem of yours. you have to click on the Start button and go for Properties and simply click on the Properties. I don’t what is the reason but ‘run in 640x480 screen resolution’ was checked on the computer. It’s very simple I have unchecked the screen resolution box in order to fix the problem and it really worked for me.

I am suspecting this particular problem is happening due to Graphic Drivers are not updated. Well I let you know that you should visit the official website of the Graphic cards manufacturer and look for the latest drivers. Once you have found the updated drivers you need to download and install the same on the computer of yours. after installing the drivers rebooting your computer is recommended. I am hoping that updating the graphic drivers will fix the issue of yours.