Thread: FX5900 Ultra (background noise)

FX5900 Ultra (background noise)

Have recently been upgrading from 4800 Ti GFX card to the MSI GeForce FX 5900 Ultra, I noticed a nice (NOT) the sound emitted by some of my main processor box (not my speakers), sound is a kind click (the most intense depending on what graphics are displayed at the time). For example, XP loads up. Open a window and drag across the screen a little clicking sound good (the same displacement) of the window bigger stronger noise. If you load a Vietcong i.e. game and watch the river, the sound is loud (again with no speakers!) If I look in the same place, but turn the sound on the binoculars away. Similar, if I turn around and look at something static? I tried a fellow Gainward FX5900 Ultra card and the same! So it's not the card. I changed my TI 4800 and there is no problem.

Re: FX5900 Ultra (background noise)

Have you tried the VGA card in another system, most of the problems I've seen him have so far been reduced to the motherboard, as msi nforce agpx8 not work but at 4? Have you tried agpx4? I guess the 12V sources, but is in its own food from power supply is not shared with a unit, which in detail ups are using, 3.3 amps max 5 and 12V, have you tried all forums gigabyte Funda it’s a known problem with the board. VGA drivers you mention a couple of times what the 4 in 1 drivers.

I have no extra advantage of my power supply. I'm pretty clued with honest system and I have all the latest drivers for motherboards, cards, devices, patches etc. (games, etc.) I cannot lower my AGP 4x (which seems to defeat the object of having 8x?) Is difficult set. Will change it even as a last resort. I read something about the tensions of mines, etc. are set to AUTO in the BIOS - Feed when necessary. I tried Gainwards version of the card as well (as MSI was not available at the time), this was the same. I agree I think it is up to the Power MB / AGP. But there are many others out there with the same problem in different boards. It's just a nuisance when it comes to playing and such especially LAN party just around the corner!

Tried the 45.23 drivers without success. I did an interesting test. I found a 3D Nvidia demos (Sunset) and at the same time it was running I kept an eye on CPU utilization in Task Manager and started to open the application on chance to see the effect. Results: Dusk continued to function well without problems. CPU utilization remained at 50% throughout. The interesting thing is when you drag a window on the desktop (IE) of the CPU used increased from 50% to 100%! I shut down all IE bar and pulled again, CPU until increased from 3% to 100% at this moment! Something definitely not right! Do you think that the news of this problem and had no time to fix the market was just hoping nobody will notice the noise from the power supply and CPU fan noise Nvidia? Do any of you try this card in any other operating system? Is the problem there or is specific to XP?

Are you the sole owner of this card working with the sounds of "click"? Remember, MSI has Smart Fan where is the fan speeds when 3d turbo mode. In FX5900, which is 2 5,500 rpm operating on the back to back? Remember, the FX5800 Ultra had 56dB of noise, if not more. The problem of fog, DirectX 9.0b has just come out. Check it out. If you already have then check the temperature of your computer. Your system may be running too hot, from the looks of your specifications. Only to reject any possibility that you could get a screen flicker, such as monitor refresh rate. You still have not said anything about your power supply rating. There is some amps you need to run your specifications, including obtaining a lot of watts. Check the side of the power supply (Power Supply Unit) for 12 V and 3.3V. You must be running over 20 amps at 12V rating.

The power supply is not going to help. I have an Antec TruePower 430watt power supply on a motherboard Intel 865PERL mark, with my computer running through a Panamax Surge Protector / Power Conditioner, and I still get the scroll / click / hum of my MSI FX5900 128MB 3D applications (if you turn off the sound) or "soft" displacement. If you've been keeping some of the video card forums, this affects all of the 5,900 cards, and I have not heard of users * not * have the problem if you listen for it - even those with 480watt + Antec and Enermax have the problem. According to Nvidia and EVGA, it has something to do with the tensions across the board when the board makes a blit. In other words, it is a problem with the FX5900 entire lineup (not just MSI), and I doubt that is easily fixed in software. Do not bother taking his life, playing with the hardware to try to fix the problem because it is a problem with the design of the FX5900, nothing else. It is best to disable smooth scrolling and learn to live with him in 3D applications. If not, go to non-ultra FX5600, a Raedon 9800PRO or wait for NV40. Hopefully Nvidia will provide a BIOS or software fix, but it is doubtful.