Thread: Enabling temp monitoring on 6600GT AGP by a simple BIOS edit

Enabling temp monitoring on 6600GT AGP by a simple BIOS edit

I recommend making a backup copy of the original BIOS before doing anything. Original MSI VGA BIOS are not available, except perhaps the third party forums or websites. MSI does not have an FTP download. If I have to ask the original MSI, you can take forever, and sometimes they send the wrong one, so you, yourself, and me a favor and do not try it unless you make a backup copy of the original. If you cannot find a way to do that, then you should not do so first. You can always try to contact you via email that would be better, but you may not even get a response.

Re: Enabling temp monitoring on 6600GT AGP by a simple BIOS edit

I have some experience with hex editing; I know what you can do with it and what can go wrong. I would recommend doing this unless you know what you're doing. Having a backup and not change any other value you do not know what it is. It can also be very good if everyone gave me the original BIOS. Because they are basically the solution is the least we can do? You'd be surprised how many technicians in the industry are wrong about things. Often, only know what anyone says or what database on the subject. Just because someone says something contrary to the truth does not mean you lied.

I read this and a person saying that this worked and worked, but it really does not help anyone else does? If it worked after the exact steps you used to make it work. For example, NVFLASH version and the command used breakers. WARNING! While creating a backup could not save your card, if something goes wrong is intermittent. The bios on my card got messed up, my system will not even boot to the disk drive until you replaced the graphics card. So having a backup, I could not help if your system does not even start because of the bios damaged.

Ok guys this was also my first time, scared the crap out of me when it started to sound like me. The first time I made a folder on drive C: \ nvflash call. With that I went to the site Make, died the latest version of nvflash 5.13 and also, an earlier version that had the file cwsdpmi. With the two files in the directory, I restarted with a win me boot disk (all I had). Note I am a user of Windows XP using the Recovery Console would not work. Ok next, I went to the folder C: \, then the folder nvflash. In the first command, backup.rom nvflash-b it makes a backup of your current ROM called backup.rom. After this reboot and edit the rom file with a hex editor, saved as new.rom and restarted. I booted from the boot disk again and again nvflash folder. Following command would have the write-protect the BIOS. Nvflash-r this sounds, your fear, but okay. Now this is where I was confused. Using the command-puf nvflash should’ve new.rom that shined, but it was not. Probably the wrong command. So I tried to new.rom nvflash. It gave me an error PCI subsystem ID match. So I added the switch nvflash -6 new.rom and no error message and the flash was successful. There is another error message which is a PCI device ID mismatch. Switch overrides -5. After nvflash -6 new.rom have to enable write protection is nvflash-w.

I discovered that the temperature is quite accurate.Here drivers are like GPU know. External probe system out = 21C; External GPU probe system idle = 34C; that’s an increase of drivers 13C.The 47C show my inactivity in right at the point of increase for any environment increase. We know that the internal investigation starts reading around 47C. Therefore, the internal temperature of the GPU had to rise also 13C. As the external probe increased 13C.If subtract the increase in 13C 47C 34C have around, which is good because the interior temperature could never be less than the outside temperature so the numbers add up correctly.