Thread: EX625 Graphics card not working properly

EX625 Graphics card not working properly

Hi, I had the EX625 for less than a week and have had problems when trying to play games. After a few minutes of playing the screen will go black and nothing works. Then you have to hold down the power button to manually shut down the laptop. When you restart Windows reports errors. I tried to update the ATI drivers but I've always been using the most current. I tried reinstalling drivers and last night I even did a full system recovery with my recovery disks I did the day I got the laptop. I'm pretty sure I have a Radeon HD4670 bad, I just hope that there is anything I can do to fix it, so I do not have to request an RMA. Note that I did not open the laptop and changed something inside. Everything else has been fine on the laptop, even the games work fine until I get this error seemingly at random. Also, the laptop is in the exact condition it was in when I have it, again.

Re: EX625 Graphics card not working properly

Which Operating System you are using?
    Do you use supplied drivers from MSI web?
    http://www.msi.com/index.php?func=do...5&prod_no=1678
    what’s the BSOD error code?
    Hi, I had the EX625 for less than a week and have had problems when trying to play games.
    Which games you are talk of and does that blue screen of death comes in another game too?
    Have you done EC Reset and 'Load BIOS Default'?

I'm running on Vista Home Premium 32-bit (which is what happened to). I tried using the drivers that came with the CD and the ones on the website. How do I find out what the BSOD error code is? I only get an error report to windows i start after the computer crashes. And gave me the error report in my previous post. The only commercial game I've tried is oblivion. And it often happens that, sometimes going to happen right away or sometimes after a good 20 minutes it seems random to me. I have also tried demos of Crisis and The Last Remnant, and the same goes for games too. I even tried lowering the graphics quality and resolution, but that does not help. Also, the laptop does not overheat. I know there is a heating problem, I get no artifacts before the black screen and I monitored the heat and rarely get above 75C for the GPU; but jumps to 500C at the time of the crash, but I'm sure that's just a technical problem. The laptop is new and I wanted to do the BIOS flash, I figured I would not have to since I have not done anything to him. But I'll give it a shot if you think that will help after reading this.

As I said before just try and do EC Reset on your machine then let me know does it works or not.
    EC Reset steps:
    1. Turn your laptop OFF button, and hold it for 4 seconds.
    2. Remove recharge plug
    3. Remove battery
    4. Leave it like this for about 5 minutes.
    5. Put everything back and power the laptop again.

Sorry dint read your earlier post properly. Now I tried this all steps which you suggested. Then I tried to 'The Last Remnant' again and again, went to a black screen and frozen (after 3 minutes this time) Just reboot your computer and this is the error that shows, one of ever- "Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown" . Is there anything else you think I could try? I'm starting to give up hope on this one. The laptop is perfect otherwise

I have exactly the same laptop and the same problem with you so I know it's not a matter of chance. I called customer service, and MSI and they said that Crysis is reported to have problems with EX625. The same applies to the last rest, GTA IV and X-Men origin. I ran other games with more than 10 new and all went well, except the four mentioned above. Let me know if you have this particular problem after u get your new laptop from MSI.