Thread: The display of the game is not proper in the monitor of my laptop

The display of the game is not proper in the monitor of my laptop

I had a new monitor installed in my house recently, it was a widescreen23” LG LCD, the previous one was a Phillips 120hz 19"CRT, when I recently started playing Quake 2 game it was not playing in the proper way as it was playing in the CRT ones. When I tried by changing the refreshing rate, it was a bit working properly. My question is why do changing the v sync makes the games work in the different way, is that the main thing that help you to change the appearance of the game, do turning it off or on make any difference in the display of the monitor. Please let me know the basic thing that I have to do for playing the game in the proper way so that I do not encounter the lag factor while playing the games.

re: The display of the game is not proper in the monitor of my laptop

Before you change any of the setting in the display regarding the v sync it is better that you know the basic thing and the difference between the concept about this in LCD and CRT monitor. The CRT create a display in the monitor in such a way that it bombards the pixels with a certain amount of energy on the screen to create the image, while the LCD is the light that every pixel in the monitor is glows and the object in the monitor is present into it. This all things are basically depends on the Hz of the display in the monitor. Almost all the Hz in the LCD is around 60 Hz, but there are monitors that consist of 70 or 75 Hz also, but they are very rare case that is present.

V sync is the most important factor when your monitor does show and tearing effect in the screen. The thing is when the game is not showing any of the tearing issues then it is OK to close the v Sync , but when the game is not been displayed properly then it is recommended that you on the v sync in the monitor. This helps to the proper synchronization of the monitor and the CPU that are present. It should be maintained properly, if it is not then it leads to more further bad effects of the game leading to dropping of the frames during the display of the games.

In the wide screen if the effects of the game are not properly displayed then you can change the resolution of the game by doing the following things
    Go to <gameDir>\baseq3.
    Edit q3config.cfg by doing this certain changes in it.
    set r_mode "x"
    convert the value of this to -1
    set r_customwidth "xxxx"
    set r_customheight "xxx"
    now provide the setting to the favorite widescreen resolution.
    Set cg_fov "90"
    DO the setting according to your preference. The ideal thing is 100 for 16:10 resolutions and 105 for 16:9 resolutions.

Hello, according to me the CRT would make the difference when you compare with the LCD. The LCD will pull about 75HZ and sometime it will take around 60 Hz only. This help in getting the FPS of the monitor to be stable all the time the game is working. There is a console command r_displayrefresh which is set to zero, now when you set the value if this to the value of the refreshing rate then it may help you to get the image of the game in the smooth way, whenever the game consist of more object it is better that you have the v sync on so that the game do not Lag and the picture Is clear enough so that it do not lag.