Thread: Will the atlona converter allow me to use the 5870 or 5850 with 27" iMac?

Will the atlona converter allow me to use the 5870 or 5850 with 27" iMac?

I hope you are clear with the title above and I am quite sure that after reading the tile you may have got the hint why I have come here. So I wanted to know whether this converter will allow me to sue the 5870 card or the 5850 card with the iMac. If you think you can answer my this query then do let me know about it. I have tried doing many searches in the internet for the same but I was unable to get any desired solution for it. so if you have got some knowledge about this particular topic then do share it with me here.

Re: Will the atlona converter allow me to use the 5870 or 5850 with 27" iMac?

Yes, why not it will work out in your case and I am quite sure that it will. I liked your idea about the implementation that you have taken on this subject. I suppose you are thinking of using the imac as the other display monitor with the already existing monitor that you have in the system. if that is the case then you can definitely go ahead with that. So do start working on it and I am quite sure that you will be successful in the process. So do try and let me know if that works or not.

My opinion is slightly different from the above user. I think you might need the help of the adapter to carry on with the procedure. So if you do not have it then I am not sure whether you will be successful in the procedure that you are going to try. I suppose the purpose for the addition of the iMac is of the PCIe video card. So do look out for the FireWire-to-PCIe adapter in the internet and then only try with the procedure. So do try it and let me know if you are successfully able to carry on with the procedure.

The purpose is to sue the iMac as my monitor and hence I am thinking that if using of the standard cards like the 5850 or the 5870 will help me In the purpose. I have confirmed that the 4000 series cards will not work at all in this way. So that’s why I wanted to confirm this with you all. So as of now thanks for all the suggestions that you have given. What I want to say is that if you can give me more suggestions on this topic such that I get a confirmation it is possible to sue any of the 58x0 card in the system. so do reply.

Yes don’t worry it will work perfectly. In fact you may not be required to sue the additional adapters that are being suggested above. So do not worry much because the card will run perfectly with the iMac. I have done some research on the internet regarding this subject and let me tell you that my answer does matches your idea. So you can carry on with the procedure and I am quite sure that you will be successful in it. do not forget to post in here. If you are successful enough in the work.

Yes, sure I will I am definitely going to keep you updated about this. Ok, I got good suggestions from you all and majority of them are asking me to continue with the procedure. So that’s why I will continue with the procedure and see if it is perfectly working in the iMac. So wish me luck guys I am going to try something new here and let’s hope it turns out to be a good one. thanks a lot for the efforts that you have taken on this particular topic and helped me with your suggestions. I really appreciate your efforts.