Thread: Unable to run the monitor at 100Hz after installing windows 7

Unable to run the monitor at 100Hz after installing windows 7

I have come here with a certain problem and I hope that you will have a answer for this particular question. So according to my situation I am unable to run the monitor at around 100Hz. I have checked the monitor properties and under the screen refresh rate it is showing me around 85Hz. So why is that so slow? Earlier I had observed that it used to run perfectly in the windows xp. Now it is not running properly in the windows 7. So anybody knows how to improve that, anyone with any good ideas then do share it here.

Re: Unable to run the monitor at 100Hz after installing windows 7

After reading your question I think you must need a quick update of the device driver and I think that will surely get your problem solved. So that is what I think would be the perfect solution for you. Do try it and let me know if that works or not. One more thing that I would like to add here is that do update the device driver from the particular manufacturer website itself. There you will get the perfect drivers for your devices. So this is what I have to say here and I hope you are clear with all the suggestions. In case if you have any other doubts then do share it with me.

According to me I think the nvidia drivers have not set t he screen fresh rate at that particular rate and for that you will have to manually do the changes. What you will have to do is personally go inside the folders of the particular video card and inside the NV_Modes you will have to go and add the 1600x1200=8064. So this is what you will have to do and you will get through the specific solution. So I have given you the exact solution here and I am quite sure that it will really benefit you.

Hey thanks for your quick responses. Your solution does sounds interesting to me but the problem is that I have not understood the complete procedure. I am expecting that you would be able to help me with the queries. So can you give me the exact methods and the detailed steps that I will have to try to complete this procedure. Please do reply as soon as possible. Since I want to get started with it as early as possible. So do send fast I am, waiting for your response.

Yes, I will surely help you with this one. well what you have to do is that follow the steps that I have given below
    1) Go to the start button and type the regedit button. In that you will hve to type the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Video command.
    2) After having typed the command then you will have to search for the NV_Modes folder. Let me tell you that in this process you will be coming across many folders with weird names. So you will have to avoid them.
    3) Once you have got the NV_Modes folder. You will have to double click on it and type the 1600x1200=8064 in the line after {*}S. while doing that you will have to ensure that you have left a space after s.
    4) Once you have done that reboot the entire system and then go and check the monitor. I think that will be the perfect solution for you.
    So do carry on the above steps and I am quite sure that it will work out with you.

If you ask me then I would advise you to check if there is any option called as the override in the nvidia drivers. I think you must try and look out for that particular option in the card that will give you exact idea of the card. So do try that and let me know if you are able to get that. With the override option you will be given the option to switch back to the original mode. I think that will get back to your original refresh rate that you were getting in the older system. so I hope you have got the necessary solution here. Do try it and let me know if that works or not.

You are a true genius. Yes, that helped me. I did go through all the steps and I did get the perfect solution for the problem. So now I am very happy that the monitor is running at the normal refresh rate. I really could not identify the main source of the problem here and then after reading your suggestion I got the perfect hint. It took some trying to perfect this solution and now it has cleared out. So thanks a lot for helping me out.