Thread: AMD have degraded AF quality with 68xx

AMD have degraded AF quality with 68xx

Only a few examined the quality of AF in the new AMD-based Barts 6850 and 6870 products in depth. Advertising AMD was fixed / improved AF with the problem fixed ring. Unfortunately this is not the case 100% true. In fact, AMD has fixed the problem a littlebit bands in the setting of standard and high quality of the driver but on the otherside flicker problem increased at the same time. So, in fact, the driver IC in standard setting "quality" in the AF area worsened. The results are similar to what PCGamesHardware discovered. AF filtering rule setting the quality is at the level of the first advanced AI. In addition, the series HD5xxx get the same degraded quality in the establishment of standards with the new catalyst driver 10.10. The latter is an average of 5 to 6 percent slower than the standard-setting in the controller.

Re: AMD have degraded AF quality with 68xx

First are two large sites and as I said a long time AMD was responsible for testing, so I guess that most respondents adhere to the guidance of the respondents. AMD announces the AF improvement so most of them probably did not bother a bit too much. I think the boys will also 3DCenter.de depth analysis on this subject, as in the past. I know the editor will have a profound tracking launch review with respect to the AF and the overall image quality on the new products on the web, and in its printed magazine. I wonder if HardOCP also consider that in the past usually this site was also one that further analyze and verify the promises of the IHV.

I do not work for Nvidia, but do not want a new contest about who has the worst of AF in an exchange of gunfire. The current products are fast enough to image quality issues. Of course you have to download and view videos. Will not notice these things in pictures as well as in real games. Flicker can be really annoying. This is a fairly bold as they were the best advertising AF and more or less knew very well that 90% of respondents will bank with quality mode and not with the high quality mode which translates into 5 to 6% higher performance.

The indication that AMD is a (quote) "the bargain basement chip company," and asserting that the 68xx series is slower than the cards they replace, when the cards were AMD's previous major 57xx series, not trawl ? In particular, when I have said countless times that the 69xx series is the replacement for the 58xx? Rigggghhhtttt ...........And no one (apart from the main enthusiasts) really cares about these things ....... FA It's just an incentive to accuse AMD of cheating. However, both companies have relied on questionable practices to promote their agendas.

Nobody is giving AMD a pat on the back. all find the current naming scheme delayed 6k series. while it makes sense your still retarded. but NVIDIA naming scheme and re-branding of trash is in a completely different level. And yet do not really concerned about this issue because there's still an important place no test that can back up these assumptions about how AF guys until that happens its still BS. whether it was really a problem. I'm very very sure Kyle and Brent would say something. Given what they usually send the letters as they are called. so because the way has not notice any problems, I'll take the benefit of the doubt that what these guys came up with is false.