Thread: motherboard not detecting video card

motherboard not detecting video card

My computer was infected with virus so, I format it after my computer is not able to detect video card . I have only done reformat my pc. My computer shows that it does not have video driver. On video driver it shows yellow triangle which means graphic card is missing. Since I don’t have mother board video card this implies my video card needs to be working. When I go for browsing using IE it is very slow with bad graphic quality. I don’t have any idea about this problem. Please give me some suggestions to solve this problem.

Re: motherboard not detecting video card

Normally when we reformat computer it deletes all the drivers from your system. So after reformat again you need to reinstall them. Again you need to reinstall all drivers such as sound, video, network . For reinstallation you need to know model of your computer and motherboard. Windows version which you are using it may be 32-bit or 64-bit. For particular brand and model specific drivers are available download them and install.

You have to make sure that after formatting your machine you are installing proper drivers. Which are compatible with your computer. Double check drivers that you have installed and downloaded. If your problem is not getting solve.You are not getting proper driver for your machine.You might be having driver disc that came with your computer, install driver from there. By default it will install all drivers.This will solve your issue.

I had formatted my computer few days back when I rebooted it . It was not showing graphic card. Motherboard was not able to detect graphic card. I tried to check in device manager there video driver was missing. It was not listed in device manager. My motherboard configuration is NVIDIA GeForce 8400 gs and ECS mcp61m-m3. To fix this kind of problem I tried reinstall drivers for my computer but it did not anything. Problem remains same. Somebody tell me exactly which driver do I need to install.

Sometime cards slots create problem. At least try to stick your card in a good known slot. Reliability of slots are also important. And try any good working card in that used slot and see what happens. If in first case computer is detecting then problem is with video card else that card’s slot is not working. Before doing all these things we need to boot computer in safe mode, install the new drive then reboot your computer.