Thread: ASUS Radeon EAH6870 not performing good for WoW or video streaming

ASUS Radeon EAH6870 not performing good for WoW or video streaming

I newly "upgraded" to a ASUS Radeon EAH6870 along with the GTX 260. The trouble is I'm having anytime whenever I'm playing WoW and attempt to watch a video, uploaded from the hard drive or real time, everything seems to slow to a crawl. WoW stutters, the video stutters and are neither remotely play / enjoy. This was not a problem in the 260. Both monitors are connected to the DVI connectors on the card. The card is an ASUS EAH6870. I am running the drivers 10.10e. Any idea what the problem might be?

Re: ASUS Radeon EAH6870 not performing good for WoW or video streaming

What kind of video? If this is a ripoff of a Blu-Ray encoded in H.264, the video card is downclocking at speeds of UVD, as it is an encoding that your hardware acceleration. UVD clocks are specified a superior priority than the 3D clocks, for a little motive. This will also happen when playing a Flash video and have enabled hardware acceleration. This is the cause why manual control in excess of all my settings 2D/3D clock and have audio alerts for them. I do not understand why anyone (ATI or Nvidia) does not know at all times, so what the card is operating in. Strange as it sounds. Oh, and if you're a WoW player, you need that kind of control than anyone else. I hate ATI cards into 3D mode for WoW.

I have the same card and everyone here is right. I for myself have not received whichever stuttering in WoW, but become aware of the awful frame rate literally cut itself up to 30 fps and hang about there. Immobilize hardware acceleration in flash videos determined that for me though. I've had no problem seeing amazing 1080p video at the same time, however. It echo like this is a matter that appears when my card Downclocks for some reason for 2D?

Download MSI Afterburner (works with every brand) and find the program directory. There is a configuration file required to open. Look for a line of "unofficial Overclocking" and replace it with a 0 to 1. This will stop any features PowerPlay and compel the card to keep on at 3D speeds continually. Or you could go to their video player options and disable any mention of "Hardware Acceleration." Either should work.

I hope this is not a problem with the 5870s. I just bought one yesterday and am waiting for it to arrive. I bought it so I can play with 1920x1080 full eyecandy Cataclysm and now cannot play with the maximum configuration of 512 MB with two 4850s in CF I have noticed some fluctuations in performance when watching videos (online / streaming / stored in my pc) and playing WoW, but usually only lasts a few seconds (10-30 seconds), is annoying as hell. The card is competent of extremely "high" frame rate in WoW, but its performance is uneven. Areas with slight plants and the action will be frame rate up to 200.

I have made dozens of incursions CPI with my 4870 in the maximum configuration, 3 or 4 times in the fresh patches ("Ultra" settings) and I've not at all even come slam to a slide show ... Probably no less than 50 fps if I had to guess, but spend most raid fights looking at pictures. Even with all the moving around during most meetings, I see no problem. I identify what that 30 to 40 fps appears and feels, and undoubtedly I have never seen the inside of the ICC. Perhaps some additional configurations could cause mad AA (Box, edge detection, etc), I do not know what most of them do, but several of them can spin 60fps to 20fps for themselves. The environmental effects outside the ICC, for example, flying around Northrend, are much more demanding than the inside of an instance. If you are getting 30 fps with everything down, then you have a bigger problem

I can confirm that the problem affects Nvidia cards, though I cannot say for certain other models too. My friend with a GTX 285 has this problem and another with a GTX 260. As I did with my earlier 5770 and 6950, I had to do the identical with the two Nvidia cards on the way to correct the clock speeds for memory and the GPU in the BIOS to fix it. In the MPC, the video hardware acceleration are the real codecs that can be manually turned on / off. VLC is my alternate video acceleration in this time and not change any settings. The easiest way to check if you are having the problem is simply looking at their watches while watching a video. The clocks are 400/900 video acceleration if I recall correctly (may be different on other cards?).