Thread: Eyefinity not working with DirectX 11

Eyefinity not working with DirectX 11

I have made setup of an Eyefinity with the three monitors at my home and I used play WOW on this setup with the resolution of 5760x1200 on my Dell 27" monitor. I recently installed the WOW : Cataclysm so I just gone through the settings needed to play this one. It suggested me to do it with the DirectX 11 and giving path in the config file. And then I added the line SET gxApi "d3d11". Then I went back into WoW, and for the life of me would not work, such an omission 1920x1200, worn-out everything under the sun, and would not go larger. I then deleted that line in the configuration file and worked on the resolution of three as before. I have curious why not?

Re: Eyefinity not working with DirectX 11

DX11 killed the performance of my surround sound setup NV. Of course, its operation AMD card and are running on other issues, but keep in mind that Blizzard does not offer much support for users of multiple monitors. We are a small crew. After playing WoW w / multiple monitors, I cannot imagine going back. My only complaint would be that Blizzard does not seem to support very well. For example, later than killing a monstrous that yields experience indicator XP / text on the screen is huge. The problem has been around for a while, many have complained about this problem. However, after more than a year, I have not fixed.

The addition of this command line DirectX 11 to the configuration folder, it makes the game look better, compared to when I set the game options to Ultra, exceeding the maximum settings, looks the same to me. Maybe it's supposed to run smoother? But for me to do that job, then I have to run in windowed mode full screen, which is often more demanding on the system when compared with normal Eyefinity 5760x1200res setting set in the game. Well, I see no difference at all to add this path DirectX11, compared with Ultra settings will delete it.

In the configuration file you need to correct the screen resolution as well. I further ad the command line and tainted my resolution to 5760x1200 and is very fine thought out, even in the menu shown 800x600rez vid. I have not checked in the DX11 game that takes over however. I have a couple of questions. What mod is using to do the damage of a decent size, especially crits. I could not find move anything, and have not attempted to re-SCT-D yet. Moreover, by turning on the name plates are retardedly huge and have yet to solve, too.

NVidia Surroundes machine runs WoW with 3 30" monitors with the 4800x2560 portrait settings. I'm glad I found information on the DX11 settings, as it gave me a performance increase of 30% in all areas of my GTX 480 SLI ! I have no crossfire and Eyefinity settings again, so I cannot comment on that. Let's hope AMD fixes all these problems Eyefinity crossfire / SLI as I can find / Surround works much better in almost every category / stage.

Landscape With the world more safe game, but with 3 - 27 "secondary monitors are so broad that never see the edge of them, unless you feel really very far to see the whole triple configuration , but then lose part of the dive is back. Now is a mixed picture. To dive and get in the game, portrayal that far. It's right in your face, wall to wall displays, brings the world of the game under his nose, but the splices in Portrait are very, very remarkable, and the portrait that fetch the game super zoom, close up, that makes it look no poles apart than a solo large 30" display. But no games, and web surfing, office work, programming, etc. .. Portrait is amazing, no comparison.

After owning a triple 27 "Eyefinity installation, and compare it to my old Apple 30" Cinema Display, I have to admit I'm a little disappointed. The Apple was beautiful, and I had the settings a bit and stand closer to my face, and no problem with the dive, and watch a big game world. The drawback to landscape again, is only the wide and narrow that you can see, you have to physically rotate your head from left to right and back to spot everything in an MMO, not really getting the full use of three monitors, in my opinion. However, for action games, scenery is great, I do not play the more. I still say it again, the best configuration to ensure a good 30 "display, and launch flights on 2 20" Dell 1200x1600 on each side in the picture, but unluckily only SoftTH supports this, and not the best drivers for the game. I must state that a lovable 30 "monitor at this time might be the greatest, until there is 90% bezeless monitors.

I used to play in full screen Eyefinity DX9 (because apparently kicking CrossfireX window) and had to play with the settings to avoid wow.exe reduction increased to 2 gigabytes of memory and crash. After reading this I switched to DX11 and full screen window, and got a frame rate much reduced memory footprint. Now you would be able to run approximately all in ultra! As CrossfireX, it appears as if the primary GPU runs at 90-100% and the GPU kicks in a 20-30% just so often.