Thread: Does drivers improve the performance of 5870?

Does drivers improve the performance of 5870?

I have a radeon 5870 in my system and I think it is the coolest gpu that I have. Recently one of my friend came to me with the need of an urgent replacement of gpu. so that’s why I had to give it to him. I needed to know if there is any available driver that will help me improve the performance of the existing 580 graphic card in the system. so if it is there then do let me know about it. I have read many reviews on this topic but none of the reviews comes close to what I am expecting. So any of you who can help me in this topic then do let me know about it.

Re: Does drivers improve the performance of 5870?

After having gone through your question. I did some research in the internet in which I came across a particular information which stated that all the 69xx cards do have something to do with the drivers. The performance are thus effected by the drivers itself. So if any card has a perfect driver for it then it will give you the performance that you are looking for. It is a good thing that you all have started here. I suppose many of all must be interested in this topic and I am expecting some good replies from everyone.

According to me it does not matter with the drivers. I think it has to do with the card and I think the card are the main factors for the performance. Drivers are just used for the compatibility of the card in the system. I don’t think so it has anything to do with the performance. If you are not so satisfied with the performance of the card give in the reviews. Then I would better say that you do not go with that card. The reviews that are mentioned about the card is perfect and quite appropriate to my knowledge.

The topic that you said about the website doing some research and claiming that the drivers does improve the performance of the gpu. it all depends on the quality of the drivers that are being used while they have taken the gpu to test. Overall I can say that driver does have a significant role to play in the performance of the gpu. so if you have a good card like the one that you are having now. I must say that there will be no problem in the performance of the gpu. it will give you a good performance. So that’s what I have to say here. I hope you have got all the necessary suggestions.

The current release of the drivers does have a large amount of the bugs I it and hence the performance of the gpu does seem to get affected. So what I want to say here is that if you think that the drivers are playing a significant role In the performance of the gpu then do wait for the next release of the new updates. Hopefully we would be able to see a good amount of updates in it. so that there would no issues with the driver itself. So that is what I had to say here. I hope you all have got the necessary information on this topic.

I think so there is no point waiting for the drivers of the particular gpu. half of the year they will be doing some work on the updates and we will have to wait for the next updates so that there is an improvement in the performance of the gpu. According to me you must not stick to what it is given for the drivers instead see what card is in demand these days and accordingly opt for it. so that’s what I have to say here. I think you are clear with the suggestions that I have given here.

Thanks for the suggestions given everyone. I think all of you have co operated actively here. I think all the suggestions are great. Even i think drivers have a significant role to play in the working of the hardware. I had some confusions in my mind and so that's why i thought of clearing out my doubt here. I need to thank you all for the efforts that you have put in to solve my issue. Thanks for it.