Thread: windows 7 operating system 59 Hz issue

windows 7 operating system 59 Hz issue

Hello friends, I have a certain issues in installing windows 7 which is of 64 bit, whenever I tried to set the refresh rate of the monitor to about 59Hz, it would set it to 60 Hz. I don’t know why this is happening but after doing some researches on Google I found out that it is not the bug that is forcing the refresh rate of the monitor to 59 Hz, actually the main issue if that the actual value of the refresh rate is about 59.94 Hz, which the monitor setup to the higher or to the lower value based on their setting. So what to do about the games that are placed in the refresh rate of about 60.00 Hz. How will the game cope up with these kinds of settings that keep on fluctuating?

Re: windows 7 operating system 59 Hz issue

The best way the monitor uses the 60 Hz, is shown as follows: when any of the refresh rate is not available in the list for the games to be used then it will choose the best from the option that are available. They are 60 Hz progressive, 60 Hz interlaced, 59 Hz progressive, 50 Hz progressive. But when the game search for the refresh rate and is he finds 59 Hz and the game also accepts it, then it will not create any problem, but if it doesn’t support then it select the best option that are present in the options. Then it will go for the 59 hz interlaces which is also known as 30 HZ. There are some game that do not support these kind of setting also it can create a problem with the HDMI connection, but no problem with VGA or DVI connection.

The problem may occur in the graphic card; if it is present in the system, if you have a graphic card then you can change the settings because it may be the issue of the graphic card that can lead to such kin od problem. I was facing a similar kind of problem with the nvidia graphic card. I did certain modification so that the refresh rate could be maintained at a desired level. The following is the thing that I have done for my graphic card hope it works for you. First go to the nvidia control panel, after that click on the resolution from there goes to custom resolution, from there click on timing and then click on manual. After that set the refresh rate to 60 Hz, test the following modifications and restart the window.

Did you tried changing the value in the Ati cards, this is done to set the refresh rate up to 60 Hz, once that is been done restart the computer and check the setting after the changes done. Once it remain the same then you have to reboot the setting for 60 Hz for the refresh rate, to do the setting in the Ati card do the following thing; open ccc and navigate through the Attribute tab after that check the reduce DVI frequency resolution to OFF to get the high frequency. After this set the refresh rate to 60 Hz, then right click on the desktop, then go to screen resolution after that to advance setting then monitor Tab, in this change the setting to 60Hz. After this reboot your PC and check the frequency list.

Alas I tried my level best to get this thing to be right, but I think the luck is not on my favor because the same thing is been happening for the refreshing rate, I think this issue is in the software and not the hardware because after trying so much thing and not getting it fixes is basically an indication stating that the problem may lie in the software n the form of some bug. So I will try to change the software that I am using and check how it works. Again thank a lot for all your thought and time that you people had provided me.