Thread: When I turn on the PC it shows a white screen.

When I turn on the PC it shows a white screen.

I have a problem when I turn on my PC. Once I turn it ON it shows an all white screen for a minute then it changes to several different color when Windows boots up .Also when I plug a video cable into it then it displays some weird lines which go up and down constantly. I don’t know what the problem is because previously it never used to happen but now it has started to give this kind of problems. So what do you think the issue is? Please help me out on this as this is getting very frustrating for me.

Re: When I turn on the PC it shows a white screen.

I had a look at your problem and I feel that you should boot your PC in safe mode with networking. If it actually boots to safe mode then I feel that it could be a problem of a corrupt video driver. If you can't even get into safe mode, you can try with a different video adapter. Also are you using built in video? If so get a video adapter card to install and give one more try. If you are already using a card then once again you can try .If the problem still persists then you should try swapping cables and monitors. This are some solution which you can try and I am sure it will work for you.

I had a look at your solution that you have provided but there is some problem in that. The problem is that I can’t even see the Bios and as soon as the PC is turned on the screen turns into a white color. I think that it’s either a screen problem or a video card problem. But as of now I was just trying to check out what kind of problem it was. I tried to get into the video card but I couldn't because I couldn’t get through on how to open it. It’s a HP DV2945SE.I feel that the problem is with the video card since the output & the actual laptop screen is not working properly.

Do you have an external monitor that can be used with a VGA cable? If you have it then you can see if there is any display. If there is not any display here too then there must be some problem with your system. But to get away with it I would suggest you not to put this to a repair shop .It’s a very tedious job to fix the on board video cards and hence can be very expensive to repair. Instead I would suggest you to remove the hard drive from the machine and then and sell it off for spares or repair on some other auction site, and re-invest in another machine. This would be of great help for you and also will be a bit cheap.

Thank you for your suggestions. Actually my guess is that there is some problem in video card since the output & the actual laptop screen wasn’t working correctly. So for that reason I was probably looking to take my system to a shop where I can get it repaired. But I think that your suggestion is right. I need to remove the hard drive from the machine and then and sell it off for spares or repair on some other auction site. This process will be really handy and will also be beneficial from monitory point of view. So thank you once again for the solution that you have provided me to fix my problem.