Thread: How to remove resolution for Monitor manually?

How to remove resolution for Monitor manually?

I am having an Acer monitor which I am using as TV by installing TV tuner card. Well I am using hdmi for this particular purpose. Well I have found 1080i and 1080p options are available in to display settings. I am getting an issue while I am using 1080i resolution on the monitor of mine. The display simply becomes blurred after doing this. There is an issue while I am attempting to play game using 1920x1080 resolution. Can anyone tell me how can I remove resolution manually from the monitor of mine?

Re: How to remove resolution for Monitor manually?

Well according to me the screen resolution is depend on the game which you are trying to play. As far as I know the resolution of the monitor is set automatically by the game. Well I recommend that you should see into that particular setting in the game of yours. Also let me know whether your monitor having DVI or VGA connector which you are used by the Mac to identify that it is a monitor rather then it is a TV.

I suspect that you are using HDMI connector to connect your monitor with Mac. Why I am suspecting because I am using HD Samsung monitor which is having 1920 x 1080. When I have connected with VGA connector I am getting resolution of 1600 x 900 only. However when I have connected with HDMI provided me highest resolution which is simply being displayed into Display pane. So I think resolution of the screen highly dependent on the connector which are you using.

Previously I was having MacBook Pro with 9600M GT and recently I have upgraded with Mac Pro Radeon 4870. Well I have connected NEC EA231WM using either Mini-DP or DVI. I think it did not make any difference which I am using. Mac OSX assumes that it is connected with TV. I have installed 10.5.6 and I have found that it works simply great after updating with that particular version of OS. Well I am able to get 1920x1080 resolution game without any issue.