Thread: Unable to use GTX 295 in Mac Pro

Unable to use GTX 295 in Mac Pro

I own Mac Pro with dual Quad xeon, operating with Snow Leopard 10.6.4 as well as Windows 7 Ultimate x64 lying on a split bootcamp partition. It's all working similar to a dream. I don’t need another pc because the Windows 7 is also running on the Mac. I contain a GTX 295 in my computer and I'd love to use it within the Mac Pro. Can I just put it inside there and utilize the Bootcamp for installing Nvida drivers? If it is not possible then why? What will be the issue? There are lots of games waiting for Mac pro and I really need to get this card work in that. Please help to solve this problem.

Re: Unable to use GTX 295 in Mac Pro

The extremely high price of the Quad (nVidia) and FireGL (ATI) are so largely on their extended support for companies that carry these cards with complex CAD applications. As part of separate drivers are programmed for the customer to get the maximum performance for its specific application request from the map. So I think that it just simply not possible to work with you Mac pro. If you have any alternate choice you should go for that otherwise pick gtx 285 for Mac pro.

I don’t think that this card will be much compatible with your Mac Pro because it was first built for Windows computer keeping in mind about the PC games. Though such games are still not available for Mac platform or OS. On the other hand the drivers which have been programmed for GTX 295 will not work with Mac OS X even with bootcamp. So I think that this time you should drop the idea about using this card for now until you get the compatible drivers.

I hope that you might have heard about the SLI for Graphics card. If you are not able to use the Gtx 295 in your Mac pro then I urge you to use it with your existing graphics card with a SLI mode enabled. For this your computer’s PSU should be capable to supply enough necessary power. Otherwise you can make it work. If the current PSU is not capable then I urge you to get the new one and try it later. But it seems to me that with bootcamp the drivers might be compatible because it was designed for that purpose.

I don’t think that you will get any kind of problem with using the GTX 295 in Mac Pro if it is running with Windows 7 in bootcamp. The bootcamp is developed to use Windows applications and operating systems on Mac computers. So I think that it will obviously going to accept the Drivers of it. If it is not then I think that you can still make use of the GTX 485 drivers if probable.