Thread: How to switch content on Dual Display?

How to switch content on Dual Display?

I am having a MacBook which is connected to an external display. I am using Windows XP as operating system on that display of MacBook with the help of parallels. Many times I have to switch an internal and external display of it. So I just want to know that is there any method or process by which I can change the setting of an external display? I have tried to do lot of things but nothing went in my way. So I thought to take some help from you members. Please inform me whether there is any way to switch the entire content between the internal and external display?

Re: How to switch content on Dual Display?

I have never used Parallels, but I do make use of my Mac with an external display and require to move things flanked by them often enough. If you go to option System Preferences, in that select Expose & Spaces, from there you can permit Spaces. Spaces generate numerous virtual desktops, letting you allocate programs to each. Let’s take an example, so that you can understand very well, you could have one Space for media apps (iTunes, VLC, etc.) and an additional for your browser. Nevertheless, Spaces amalgamates with an external monitor, so when you hit the Spaces key (default F8) to bring up your Spaces, you should be able to drag anything is on your external over to your Macbook, or vice versa. The two displays will basically switch.

I am not sure about this solution, but since you are not having any other option, I would suggest you to try this method once. Initially, you should be able to open up the option Spaces screen (by default, F4) and make use of your mouse to drag the Windows space over the OS X space. I am sure that it should get switched, only if you are not using numerous spaces for your OS X programs. So, if you have Parallels on "system space 1" and your OS X programs on "external space 1," you should be able to drag system space 1 onto external space 1 and everything will switch.

I have two monitors connected to my computer. However, I find the current settings are not just beneficial. I would like to run the task bar across both screens. But unfortunately I find no setting for it. As the video card is a GeForce 7950 GT is used, I get an error message. Accordingly to it, states Forceware drivers (latest) from Nvidia. Tried to update the driver but same problem. I hope that someone from your side will help me.

Is there not a wizard with Nvidia for the display, where you can adjust something? Sits just at work but recently had problems my TV via S-VHS to get it working and I was once in it in such a menu. I am almost certain that you could set it so that the taskbar can be shown on both screens. Check for one more time, and if the problem is still persisting, feel free to write down here. Also don't forget to post what exactly you are getting an error message.