Thread: GTX 480 does not remain constant in PCIe x16 mode

GTX 480 does not remain constant in PCIe x16 mode

I can not believe my PC in 98 percent of the boot easy. If I shut down Windows 7, then a day later - or whenever - switch on again is normal in the first 5 seconds of everything, it seems the boot screen of the 480th GTX A problem is now that he no longer leaves them. Then it is reset as long, cut the electricity on again until it eventually works out. If a situation arises that I press "reset" has happened, it is often that my monitor into standby mode and is not concerned, when I press reset. If I by long press of the (power button) turn off the computer and then turn on again, but the monitor is also often again. The computer hangs when Windows loads, so I am forced to reset. This problem occurs relatively rarely. Last night, everything went perfectly. Although he had simply frozen, but, well. Anyway, I have not shut down the PC end, but had put him into sleep mode. Now I have just turned on the box, and all the wonderful, fast boot, etc. But in GPU-Z is now "PCIe x4". I am looking for the solutions from you members in this scenarios.

Re: GTX 480 does not remain constant in PCIe x16 mode

Your take you, as a hardware magazine, at least on this issue? And asks for the mainboard manufacturers and NVidia on how it goes and when movement occurs in the matter. For it is simply impossible that one now as a customer, the trouble is and from NVidia as PCIe 2.0 x16 graphics cards can not use. For either the motherboard manufacturers are on the package label, that of the PCIe 2.0 x16 graphics transfer mode is only guaranteed if not using an NVidia. And NVidia is also not on the packaging, the new graphics cards in PCIe x16 mode, 2.0 running only when not using an X38 motherboard and this is artificially reduced by drivers on x16 1.0.

Nvidia has, as in the forums so already mentioned, PCI Express 2.0 Support for Intel's X38 chipset removes the. Nvidia is concerned that there could be compatibility problems and therefore has the video driver adapted to prevent possible damage. Simply Great. NVidia says ASUS has a BIOS update supply, as it purports to Intel. Then the activated for ASUS boards in NVidia graphics card driver. And ASUS says is not our problem, NVidia needs to clarify that.

Is this also possible with the latest NVidia drivers for new cards? I think not. In addition, the bios is hacked. Therefore not helpful. For there is no X38 motherboard, the Rampage Formula is. With the new NVidia drivers for your hack does not work. Furthermore, why should I make an illegal bios hack. If this is a scandal, what NVidia and motherboard manufacturers pull there. NVidia waging war with Intel at the expense of consumers. And so the old board is not. And I think with x38 chipset motherboard, there are many. Problems with AMD cards are not known. Thus, this is an Intel / NVidia plus motherboard manufacturer problem.

Thank you for the rapid responses. So I will try. But if I download Nvidia drivers to go, shows to me so automatically at 258.96, so I thought this was definitely the right one. Install the same time, recommended by Dir 257.21. So I've followed your advice and installed the 257.21 version. Problem 1-3 so far I could not ScrewBox again. The card still runs only on PCIe x1, and not as it should on PCIe x16 let alone PCI 2.0 x16. As previously reported, brought me the driver update does not continue, unfortunately. And then I, like I did it pretty often, without shutting down the PC, just cut the power plug. Then back here and started up, and I had PCIe x16. In fact, I have in the past have frequently stated that everything is ok, when I boot up after I pulled the plug at full operation.

Many users may have noticed that until now still not likely that your video card is used instead of PCIe 2.0 only PCIe 1.1 - and only because this in the Nvidia drivers so ceases. It is supposed to give a software fix solves the problem. The motherboard manufacturers to push the problem Nvidia and Nvidia turn pushes the buck to the board manufacturers.

I once had a similar problem years ago. I had purchased an 8800GTS, this ran in the first slot with PCIe x1. In the second slot, which is electrically connected only via PCIe x4, then they ran with PCIe x4. A motherboard from Gigabyte P35 board (that was only PCIe 1.1). Other graphics cards were running smoothly and this was no aberration or 8800GTS Crashes, it was just not in PCIe x16 mode. Did it with a detailed. Description of the error claimed and received a week later a new 8800GTS, which then ran with PCIe x16. I had then suggested that was somewhere over the graphic a trace and has therefore switched back to PCIe x4 or x1.

So I have now installed a new motherboard and reinstalled Windows. With my spare graphics card everything works fine. But it will not be connected to the power supply. Has enough power, it should in any case, and the quality are correct. But it may be that I have taken the wrong cable, or have the cable plugged into the wrong slot in the power supply? Whether I end, which usually comes into power, in the graphic stick and vice versa should not be the cause of the problem, right? Can it be that not the power supply and video card must be replaced?