Thread: 9800gt video card error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

9800gt video card error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

Hi all! I have some problem with my videocard(Geforce 9800 GT, 512 mb), yesterday, when i was turn on my computer i realize that: when i check my videocard in option i read that: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"
    Is my vga was dead? or there is any solution?
    Sorry for my Bad English
    Philip

Re: 9800gt video card error: "Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)"

If you want to confirm if this issue is related to graphic card, Boot the computer in enable low resolution video mode and then test to see if the issue persists. To do this, follow the steps below:

You can try to access the advanced boot options menu by turning on your computer and pressing the F8 key before Windows starts. On the advanced boot options menu select enable low resolution video mode

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ding-safe-mode

If the problem doesn’t persist you can confirm that the issue is related to graphic card.

Step 2: You can also try to uninstall and then reinstall the drivers and check if that makes any difference

You must be logged on as an administrator to perform these steps.

a. Open Device Manager by clicking the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking System and Maintenance, and then clicking Device Manager.

If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

b. In Device Manager, Display adapter and then double-click the device name.

c. Click the Driver tab, and then click uninstall Driver and follow the instructions.

Download and install the latest drivers from the manufacturer’s website.

http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us