Thread: DVI to HDMI no sound with XFX 9600

DVI to HDMI no sound with XFX 9600

Hi all,
    I am having a Compaq Presario notebook; this is running with windows 7 OS. Along with this it is specified with NVIDIA GEForce XFX 9600GSO GPU. I am also having a external monitor this is connect with the help of HDMI port, the problem with this is after connect the monitor I does not get any sound in my sound output device. Though there is no issue with the video output. I tried many tricks to resolve this issue, but did one help me, so I am here for getting any solution regarding this solution. Is there anyone having any information about this problem?

Re: DVI to HDMI no sound with XFX 9600

This problem directly indicates with the sound driver, fort that first of all checks the driver status from device manager after connects the HDTV. Right click on the driver, and choose the update option, now choose the advanced recommended option, this is the manually update process. Now browser the driver installation program and run that one. Wait till the process completes, and after completion of this restart the system for applying the update files, try with this.

Yes, I have some information on this topic, the DVI to HDMI adapter or port is transmitted not much of a sound, for this you need to pass some of the analog signal. Only if you use cable from DVI to HDMI will not pass sound Since the analog signal is applied definitive have to say the HDTV perform this, this is the different process to pass sound through the HDMI or DVI port via the cable.

I also think that the problem is for the sound driver that you are using, for that you need to check the hardware device, whether this one is working perfect or not. I recommend you to upgrade the driver firmware version, for that open the driver tab and right click on the driver name now choose the update option, select the online option, it will collect the information regarding the update version of the driver firmware and will direct you to update the version. Go through this, it will surely help you.