Thread: Does GeForce GTX 580 gets hot faster?

Does GeForce GTX 580 gets hot faster?

Actually I was thinking of buying a GeForce GTX 580 graphic card. But some of my friends told me that it gets hot faster compared to other graphic card (they have read somewhere). Now I was bit confused because some say that there is no such problem with graphic card since it has good cooling system. So I thought to post here and take some advice from you technical members. Please tell me does GeForce GTX 580 gets hot faster? It would be much helpful if you people provide some more information about this graphic card.

Re: Does GeForce GTX 580 gets hot faster?

I am sure that your friends (saying GeForce GTX 580 gets hot faster) have read something wrong. The structure of this graphic card is biuld in such a way, so that it remains cool most of the time, thus not getting heat-up. Adopting a double-slot format as the previous model, the reference design GeForce GTX 580 lends itself to many comments as a number of changes occur. The first of these is the use of a new cooling system replacing the old ... grill. If the card still has a plastic housing protects its ventilation system, it is plastic and metal block is no longer apparent contrast to the GeForce GTX 480. At the recent summit of the radiator flush and it was better to avoid getting its fingers after a few hours. Similarly, lateral heat pipes of the GeForce GTX 480 disappear with this new model.

Yeah, even my opinion is same as "Deklan" commented above. Not content to delete this admission of failure, NVIDIA uses for the first time a type cooling Vapor Chamber or steam room. The base of the radiator is copper made contact with the only graphics chip, which contains a liquid that turns to steam gradually as the temperature rises. Obviously it works in closed circuit and is designed to better dissipate heat, a radiator is obviously set on the whole, while a fan blows hot air to blow out the system. Incidentally, the cup is now on its end beveled to better direct the airflow output and provide better circulation of air between the cards in an SLI environment. So no question arises of getting your graphic card heated.

The fan has undergone some adjustments so that it is quieter. Moreover, the algorithm for management of the fan was redesigned to avoid the ups and downs of steep generating system on the GeForce GTX 480 nuisance it is true especially bothersome. In fact it is undeniable that the GeForce GTX 580 is much quieter than his illustrious predecessor: a salutary point. To tell the truth, and although we do not proceed via meter measures, for lack of a suitable environment, the map also shows that recent silent Radeon HD 6800 to cite only these cards. As for temperatures, our records pistol infrared thermometer give us a warm, responsible, reaching 65°C on the edge of the card against a range of 70 to 74°C on the back of the card. Is high, but face the GeForce GTX 480, the progress is clear: to turn the GeForce GTX 480 gives us the edge on 70° and an amplitude of 78 to 84°C on the back of the card (still)!!

Something new on the GeForce GTX 580: the presence of an electronic board whose role is to monitor real-time power of each of the 12 volt rail card. The goal? Establish a mechanism of protection: when consumption of the card exceeds the limits set by NVIDIA: the operating frequencies are automatically lowered by 50% (the rest of the software utilities monitoring frequencies currently available for download have not yet been updated to take account of this new feature). The pilots have a right to direct gaze on the levels detected by the electronic board on the other hand there is no provision to disable this feature or to give the user some level of control over it. Specifically, protection is supposed to trigger in some specific applications like Furmark or OCCT, for example. And furthermore, if a profile exists for Furmark it relates to the time that version 1.8 of the software.