Thread: Poor Image Quality with HDMI cable

Poor Image Quality with HDMI cable

I am having Windows 7 with PowerColor HD5770 1GB GDDR5 (V3) Graphics Card and Samsung 24'' Wide P2450H 16 / 9 - Full HD (1920x1080) - DVI - HDMI to VGA monitor. The graphics card and the screen we bought this week. I plugged the screen with an HDMI (with gold plated connectors) that I bought in a supermarket for Rs. 1000. I found myself with an image of poor quality and blurry font, the settings were correct (hardware plug and play) I tried another, but the result was the same. Is my graphics card and too low for a 24" screen? Or HDMI cable is of poor quality? Regarding the HDMI cable, I thought of taking a higher quality, with better shielding, but they told me that even with its low-end cable does not matter. Now I want to know why its not working? I am sure that you members will provide some help for me.

Re: Poor Image Quality with HDMI cable

Have you tried to make default native resolution of the screen? I can not swear that it is AC but hey, already installed the drivers for your monitor, rather it is detected as a plug n play. The cable is complete regardless of the price of gold is plated marketing, cable HDMI 1.4 / 1.3 it marketing. According to me, its not the cable that makes the standard but the devices ...

The quality of the cable changes nothing. Now, you must have seen a difference in image quality with low price generic cables and those upscale proposed by Belkin or MonsterCable? The answer is no. We reconstructed a picture from four images taken with a Canon 5D DSLR and four different cables. It is simply impossible to distinguish the separation between the different pictures whether at the level of accuracy of the image or in terms of calorimetry. We repeated this experiment on several images with a sunset and a crowd. The result is the same every time: the image is identical. We did not report any slowdown, de-synchronization of sound or image artifacts.

To ensure the quality of the cable shield, you should perform two tests:
    • Placing two magnets along the cable
    • How to run cables along a microwave oven in operation.
    In the case of the magnet as the microwave, there was no impact on the image posted with the cable tested. The verdict is, invest now in its € 300 HDMI cable is an expense that we would not recommend. Generic cables and sold by GrosBill and LDLC are quite the case for a quarter of the price (10 meters).

In the Catalyst Control Center, desktop properties, HDTV 1080p, 60Hz refresh itself is normal. My cable measuring 1.8 m type and set clear, I have the latest ATI driver is 10.6, by cons, pilots of the screen was not installed yet, so I'll try and I'll let you know. One thing I also noticed too is that the display does not fulfill the entire screen, the width of the 2 sides, I lost about 1cm. I don;t know reason behind this. All strange things are happening with me.