Thread: Can Corsair VX450 power supply handle nvidia 's GTX 570 graphic card?

Can Corsair VX450 power supply handle nvidia 's GTX 570 graphic card?

In my system there is 4Gb Ram installed, Corsair VX450W power supply unit , 500 GB of hard disk and Nvidia getforce GTX570 . I checked the review of my PSU on its site and came to know that the system power utilization at full pressure is maximum 370W.but if I have overclocked the processor then according to the theory power consumption should be even lesser on my system. AFAIK Corsair VX450 can without difficulty provide 400W.So I was just in the doubt whether my power supply unit will be able to handle my GTX570 graphic card please help me out and tell if it can .

Re: Can Corsair VX450 power supply handle nvidia 's GTX 570 graphic card?

Many used to do the experiment on open bench without any case fan and at some occasion they even use SSD drives - so their power utilization could be even lesser than yours and there is no assurance that each vx450w would be able to render overrated power as yours may not be from same batch.From what I have estimated your system power utilization would be ~393W with the said GTX 570 graphic card and VX450 can formally provide 396W on +12V rail. So I think it would be wise to obtain a VX550W at 4.6k instead.

Well you are absolutely correct about this , but if you want to use of the purpose of gaming and apps ,their usage will not stress your cpu and gpu at 100% all the moment but when your initiate your rig your components will eat up maximum power likely and that is ' what called startup surge I guess.The other rails such as +3.3V, +5V, -12V, +5VSB etc. is basically being utilized for memory modules, pci cards, etc. But the majorityof the components rated at 12V will use mainly the +12V rail.VX450W was able to carry more than 396W on it's +12V rail - so you may able to run your rig securely.

You could do with to update your SMPS if you wish to add any more components even such as another HDD even FANS too in upcoming upgradations.. That graphic card alone consumes more than 300Wattsat gaming or HD movie screening and what about processor,Hard dsik,Fans, Motherboards components etc.. You are really at top and though you can run your system currently . I seriously suspect it will hold long.Your PSU is a budget product but not for enthusiastic products like GTX 570. You are overheating the components in psu whereas full load and that heat comes to computer if not ventilated out correctly and it's not good for your PSU’slife too.

And instead of searching your answer in this thread , and recommending 900W PSUs and dual PSU set ups, it would make more brains to post wisdom. If you all ready have a VX450 so there is no means that you can transform your PSU. We all mentioned that you are at present safe to run the system -- but ask us for any potential upgrades. NOT regarding the Fans like you mentioned. You are pretty much aware how much additional load a 120mm fan fetches ? No way does it meet the criteria for higher rated PSUs.