Thread: My MacBook Air's screen is turning blue

My MacBook Air's screen is turning blue

Today i started getting this problem all of a sudden yesterday and since then i get this evry 2 or 3 minutes. I was opening some folders in finder and then my screen suddenly turned blue. After sometime it turned back to normal, so I continued with what I was working on. After few minutes again the same thing happened and the screen turned blue again, after some time came back to normal. In a time less then and hour, the screen is turning blue then again comes back to normal and has happened every minute or two. Every now and then, the screen turns blue and sometimes stays blue for some more the 30 seconds. All this while the machine is idle. Guess what will happen if i'm working with heavy applications! I don't know what is wrong, this has happened for the first time...

Re: My MacBook Air's screen is turning blue

Even I just started experiencing a similar problem with my MacBook Air too. Began when i attached an external monitor a few days ago to get a bigger screen, but it has happened even when i've not connect the monitor. Both the Air's screen and the external monitor turns blue. Some times it switches back instantly but sometimes it sticks there for a minute. I guess its the display adapter giving this trouble, but not sure about it. Can anyone confirm this problem?? I think the only solution as of now is to get it replace when it is under warranty...

Has anyone found any solution for this problem? I started getting this issue with my 24" iMac. It keeps going blue and turns back to normal. Even my external monitor's screen started getting blue when connected to iMac. It happens randomly and the blue screen stays for different times anywhere from 3 seconds to 1 minute so far from what i have noticed. I was at a fear that its my hardware getting into trouble, but now i am sure this is not the monitor's problem. Can anyone tell Apple about this problem?

i too have this kind of problem with my macbook air. Screen turns to purple color when using it. Sometimes this wont happen for hours, but sometimes it will happen the moment i start it. For me this usually happens when watching video files. The screen turns either blue and sometimes purple and the computer stops responding. It doesnt work to close the lid and open again because the comp doesnt go into sleep mode. i have to do a reboot by holding in the power button. when doing this, the computer forgets all network information and i have to fill it in again. very annoying problem. i tried to download the screen issue fix on apple's support page but still no luck!