Thread: How can I reverse primary and secondary screen

How can I reverse primary and secondary screen

I'm trying get the solution for how I connect, my main screen (1) is still my tv and my secondary monitor (2) So I do not understand. I am forced to use the clone mode for the desktop on the monitor. And if I go into extended desktop, the desktop is on the tv and the monitor is blank. I want the opposite. For info: 2 DVI outputs on my ATI radeon 4xxx CG. (Monitor connected with DVI / VGA) LCD monitor (so future screen 1) has the right of the tv. So regarding this if you have any suggestion then please help me.

Re: How can I reverse primary and secondary screen

Here I just want to ask you that have you tried to reverse the order of the monitors in CCC. Say your TV is right (even if it is physically left). I found that switching to Lucid has "exchanged" my main monitor, as it went left then right as defined in Karmic. Not exchanged because it does not bother me. I am not able to test there. Please give me your answer as soon as it Is possible. So that I can give you better solution on this.

I am too facing the same problem actually My laptop is connected to my TV and the only way to have dashboards on TV is to clone the outputs. Now I would like to have the desktop on the TV and an extension of the desktop on the PC. I fiddled a lot with the GUI, without result. I'm sure this is feasible but easily or should it look? "This Is The Question!" Would not it be a story TTY? Or X configuration? If someone could guide us it would be nice!

Hello everyone. It took me a while but I found the solution! To reverse the two screens when they are connected, go to System Preferences -> Monitors -> disposal. There the two blue screens appear. On one of the two displays is a white band (top of the screen). Simply drag the 2nd small blue screen and both screens will automatically be reversed. I hope that this would solved your problem. And if you get any suggestion on this then please post your reply over here. So that others also take the advantage of this.