Thread: How to use PhysX GPU acceleration with multi-GPU mode / SLI

How to use PhysX GPU acceleration with multi-GPU mode / SLI

Hello friends I have using this Nvidia GTX 460 graphics card which has Physx enabled and I am quite enjoying its functionality. There is one thing which I am trying to search for so days but still I am unable to locate is that how to use PhysX GPU acceleration with multi-GPU mode. I have googled every where but still I am unable to get the precise information about this query so can some one please help me to find out how can I be able to accomplish this task.

Re: How to use PhysX GPU acceleration with multi-GPU mode / SLI

Hello dear, the SLI which runs only on one GPU and the rest are rendered across all the rest of the GPU's. In your case since you are using GTx 460, so I think that you will first have to have a dedicated GPU with which you can carry out the necessary acceleration that will help in boosting the performance of your system while playing high quality games.

I have got all the necessary steps that are required to use PhysX GPU acceleration with multi-GPU mode / SLI.
    Firstly you have to goto the NVIDIA Control Panel navigation tree pane, and then over there under 3D Settings you will have to select Set Multi-GPU and PhysX configuration.
    The next thing is that you have Enable PhysX GPU acceleration for doing this there is two criteria. If your computer has only one PhysX -capable GPU, then under Set PhysX GPU acceleration click the Enabled radio button. If your computer has more than one PhysX -capable GPU, then under Set PhysX GPU acceleration click the Enabled on radio button and then click the list arrow and select the GPU you want to use for PhysX acceleration. This will help you to accelerate the performance of your system.

These are the steps that should be followed to enable multi-GPU mode.
    • Firstly you have to click Enable multi-GPU mode under Select the mult-GPU configuration,
    • Secondly if are having more than one display connected, then you have to click the list arrow and select the display that you want under the display to view Multi-GPU rendered content on.
    • Finally click on apply to save the settings.

Hey guys thank you very much for the information that you have provided in all your post. The steps really worked for me and I have got the steps to use the Physx Gpu over multi Gpu’s port. I am now enjoying multi display support while playing game and even have a good boost in the performance of the system.