Thread: Which driver has the option to enable SLI ?

Which driver has the option to enable SLI ?

My system has a Corsair RAM ,Kingwin power supply unit of 730w X58 SLI to connect two video card intel i7 920 (3.6 for 24/7, 4.1 for benching processor and n EVGA motherboard , I use Windows 7 Pro 64 operating system and my issue is the bridge. I am not able to enable the SLI , have tried using both the 257.21, and the 258.61 drivers, and neither have the option to enable SLI. I have tried reinstalled using driver sweeper utility but it is of no use. Can any one please suggest how I can do this I will be very grateful.

Re: Which driver has the option to enable SLI ?

Yes, many people are facing this issue with SLI with X58/P55 motherboards that utilize the Realtek NIC and the bring up to date pushed down through Windows Update. You must try rolling back the driver to the default edition installed with Windows 7 operating system or using the newest authorized one from EVGA, both are verified to work without any issue . Please post back if you get the resolution so that it will be helpful to others too.

I had never faced this issue until today. I too had Upgraded the 260.63 drivers to 260.89 and got a slight concerned when there was no SLI option visible in the control panel. I rebooted my system , reinstalled those drivers once again but still there was no option a SLI. So what I did I browsed the official site of the EVGA motherboard which showed to install the latest drivers of the EVGA motherboard , so in my opinion you should do the same .

I did a few searching on internet and read a in a few article that few places that recommended that the Realtek LAN drivers for my motherboard may be intrusive. So just do one thing you can visit the official site of the Realtek LAN drivers and then install it again , you will have to uninstall the existing driver first before you can re install the new driver, I think this will surely resolve the bridge issue you are facing right now.