Thread: can i use external monitor on my acer laptop ?

can i use external monitor on my acer laptop ?

I’ve a acer laptop, few days back my younger brother( which is just 6 year old) smashed my laptop screen while playing. Now, only a half part of screen is visible to me, I’m thinking to connect an external monitor with my laptop, but I don’t know how to connect it. Please tell me how to connect an external monitor. Is it possible to connect an external monitor with my acer laptop?. If yes then please provide me the complete detail procedure step by step. Please help me.

Re: can i use external monitor on my acer laptop ?

Yes, you can connect an external monitor to your acer laptop. It is quite easy to connect external monitor laptop. You’ve told that only a screen has been damaged of your laptop, if your video card has not been damaged, then you can easily connect the external monitor and use it as a laptop screen. But, if the video card is damaged then you can’t do that. You can connect an external monitor to laptop by pressing fn + f7 from keyboard. This is the key to activate the external monitor port.

You can connect an external monitor to your laptop. It is not necessary that you should buy only a acer monitor because you’re laptop is acer. You can use any brand monitor as a external monitor. Your monitor should match the video port with your laptop to use it as a external monitor. If every thing is good then you can easily connect your monitor as a external monitor to your laptop. For connecting you just have to connect with your laptop port and press the fn + f7 key from your laptop to activate the function of external monitor.

To use a monitor as a external monitor to your laptop, you can apply the following steps:
    - You have to Attach the external usb keyboard and usb mouse in your laptop usb port.
    - Shut down the power of display of your laptop.
    - Plug in the external monitor cable in Ethernet monitor port of your laptop and switch on the external monitor from the socket board. Your laptop will detect the monitor automatically.
    - After connecting external monitor successfully, wait for a few second, then scroll your external mouse and press your external keyboard button, so that your laptop activate the external monitor and come back from sleep mode.
    After following above steps you can use your external monitor as a laptop screen. If above steps won’t work for you, then contact a hardware techie.