Thread: Screen went black randomly

unsure Screen went black randomly

OK so back during the week before Christmas I was playing World of Warcraft. While playing the game using my Nvidia GeForce 9800 GT my screen just went completely black. I could hear the computer still working and running normally but couldn't see anything. So I went and just did a reboot, but nothing showed on my comp screen and the screen goes into it's power save mode.

After rebooting a few more times, completely unplugging the power from the comp, opening and cleaning the tower and trying again I still had a black screen. I opted to take the card out and run on the inboard video and it worked fine.

I am not sure if the video card is dead, if the drivers somehow got corrupted, or if it's something else entirely. I am not too computer savy so be a little kind with your terminology guys. Thank you so much!

Re: Screen went black randomly

It might be possible that your Card is dead but before that i will advise you to connect the Video Card and boot in safe mode. To boot your computer in Safe mode Press F8 button while booting up the system and select safe mode with Networking. If computer starts in Safe Mode with Networking then you should uninstall the Graphic Driver from system and install the latest version of the Graphic Driver from the manufacturer site and install the same. So if you can the try this out and let me know whether this is working for you or not.