Thread: Linux Mint: NVIDIA GTX 460 HDMI audio not working

Linux Mint: NVIDIA GTX 460 HDMI audio not working

I really do not know where the issue actually located is. I have Windows 7 64 bit on the system and in addition to that I have also installed LINUX MINT using the mint on this Windows 7. Well everything is really working fin on the system. I have seen that Linux Mint is also working there and with no issue. The issue is only with the HDMI INPUT that I have here. Here I am making use of the HDMI cable so as to have both audio and video. My monitor has inbuilt speakers. On Windows 7 it was working fine but when I made the installation of the LINUX MINT I have seen that the sound is not coming out here. Can anyone from there can put light or can come up with some sort of suggestion to this case here. Will be really glad.

Re: Linux Mint: NVIDIA GTX 460 HDMI audio not working

I think that I will be able to share some of the information in your case here. I was caught with the similar issue on the Ubuntu; so see if you can get the issue of yours solved with eth case that I am presenting to you there. First of all Go to System/Administration/AdditionalDrivers and there see if nvidia-current is ticked and is in use. After that you will have to run sudo ./NVIDIA-Linux-x86_64-260.19.12.run so that nVidia Linux x86 drivers can be downloaded and installed there. Finally sudo reboot and let the system of yours to get booted there.

It seems to me that you will have to download the DRIVERS for the NVIDIA GTX 460 so that you can have the sound coming out of the speakers there. Please make this and in addition to that also make sure that you install the DRRIVERS in the clean manner there. Hope that the fresh installation of the DRIVERS for the NVIDIA GTX 460 will really solve the issue of yours. Go to the official site and see if you can find the latest drivers for your card there.

If at all it is the issue because of the drivers then it will be better if you can have the new drivers that can run for both LINUX MINT and the Windows 7 64 bit in your case. I have seen that drivers are available in combo pack but I have seen the same for the Windows version of the Operating System. I had never seen this happening with the combination of Windows and other Operating System. See if you can find such drivers on that site.

Try to make the installation of the drivers in the Linux mode as well there and see if the issue can be solved with this thing there. In addition to that also see if you can change the Resolution and the screen size and then try again for the voice from the HDMI cable there. After making the installation of the LINUX MINT did you reboot the system? If you did not do those then please make the same? Please reboot the system after installing the DRIVERS again here as well. In addition to this there are Restricted Drivers and Additional Drivers that are available on the NVIDIA site. If you want you can give them try there as well. Hope that you will like the suggestion that I have made here.

Just follow the steps that I am giving here and see if that can help you a bit here. First of all uninstall the Nvidia Hi def audio driver. After that you will have to use the Windows drivers. Then you will have to download the latest nVidia audio drivers. After that please make a check on the Device manager and see if you can find the more than one Driver listing there. If there are more than this then you will be required to get rid of some of the drivers there. You will be then required to pair up Nvidia GTX 470 HDMI Audio. Now in the Windows sound manager please see if you can see TV is connected. Finally you will be required toenable two options there vix Show Disabled Devices and Show Disconnected Devices.