Thread: Unable to get hdmi sound from my laptop over Nvidia

Unable to get hdmi sound from my laptop over Nvidia

I have nvidia 330m and not capable to find any sound as of my laptop on the way to my TV. It’s actually annoying since everything moreover works very well on Linux mint counting the video over hdmi, which works huge over together the controlled and the nouveau driver. In windows the nvidia drivers too set up the hdmi audio driver however I am not certain how to find it functioning in mint. And yes I contain vhaged the sound production to hdmi in sound first choice and unmuted the spdif/1? In alsamixer though it waits at "00"? Any ideas on what I require to perform?

Re: Unable to get hdmi sound from my laptop over Nvidia

Nvidia graphics card to get the sound from the onboard sound card or is a PCI Sound Card since, depending on Sounchip simultaneous playback and DD 5.1 or DTS 5.1 available via HDMI and SPDIF or depending on the setting simultaneous playback and headphone port because it is dan on the sound card to which the everything. ATI graphics cards usually have a separate sound chip which there is all or nothing I cannot say exactly but I think the digital sound on HDMI and analog stereo with headphone jack is at the same time but not digitally via HDMI and Digital via SPDIF because Windows always a sound card used as the master. With onboard graphics card does not matter whether Nvidia or ATI, it may be totally different look depending on the sound chip? In my opinion, one with an Nvidia graphics card on the flex Siebel most because what it should sound bereft the ATI back in the picture a bit better.

I have a Sony VAIO VGN-FW21J, and the laptop is luxury. The problem that I will post, after a long search, I realized that is independent of the laptop. The only complaint I have right now and I one day trying to solve, is the subject of HDMI. HDMI cable I bought yesterday and have tried to connect it to a FullHD TV. The video is death, but is unable to make it play on TV Sonora. Plays on the laptop. I tried to update the drivers, both of Realteck HD Audio (speakers) and the ATI HDMI Audio (HDMI) but no solution. If I go to Control Panel -> Sound, but connect the HDMI cable to the TV, the HDMI output device I get "Not Connected." I've tried uninstalling the ATI HDMI driver, restarting; Vista will install a default driver, and at that time and yes the HDMI Audio device is listed as "Running" but the audio still plays on TV. I do not know how to resolve this. If anyone has had the same problem and solved it, I would appreciate your informing me with the solution.

I think it is the "copy protectors" can affect the sound out of HDMI and HDCP, no matter what it is. The future is HDMI 1.3 or display port and just about to the sound from one device to another to go. All devices in the chain must meet this standard. As it currently looks at NVIDIA already indicated. The new ATI has with HDMI or DVI to ATI special HDMI adapter is created with the ATI HD audio digital sound output to TV / AV Receiver, on the sound card only access if you bring him back as Out of Line-TV on line in the sound card.