Thread: Windows 7 is unable to recognize the Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440

Windows 7 is unable to recognize the Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440

I do not know why like this is happening in my system. Before this I have another graphic card and it run without any kind of issue. But when I try to install the Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440 so the windows 7 operating system is unable to recognize it. Regarding this I have visited many of the forum site but not able to get any kind of proper solution which can fix my issue. So if you guys have any solution which can fix my problem so please share it I will be thankful for this.

Re: Windows 7 is unable to recognize the Nvidia GeForce4 MX 440

I did the test in that I have install Windows 7 on an old PC running on XP, with a GeForce2 card MX/MX400. Upon reboot the card is reported as standard VGA driver with Microsoft. I installed the NVIDIA drivers for XP under 61.77. I forced the installation and ignore the warning about Windows drivers. After restarting the card is recognized by Windows 7 as with NVIDIA GeForce2. You can always try the same drivers. May be it works also in your issue.

I am also going through the same issue and the solution which you have given to install the driver I have did that so many day back but nothing happen. In fact I use my pc with XP, I put a partition on another drive to Windows 7 and I go through a dual boot. Cons by any trace of drivers for my GeForce 4. In fact it is true that it's a bit old, but I'm not a big player, I'm about to use photo editing and video, plus some office and website management. My geforce 4 8x agp in me going very well under XP, if I want more I have to evolve substantially change my motherboard. But too bad that Windows 7 does not have these drivers as it seems to advantageously replace XP.Here is my config:
    • Motherboard: ASRock AM2NF3-VSTA
    • Chipset: nVidia nForce3 250
    • Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000 + @ 2100 MHz
    • Physical Memory: 2048 MB (4 x 512 DDR2-SDRAM)
    • Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440 With AGP8X
    • Hard Drive: ST31000333AS (1000 GB)
    • DVD-Rom: TSSTcorp CD / DVDW SH-S182D
    • Monitor Type: ViewSonic VG175 - 18 "
    • Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional 1.5.2600 Service Pack 3
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c (October 2009)

I just watched your configuration, in fact just as you would change your motherboard, And if you are satisfied with Asrock, for around 1200rs, there are several models from the manufacturer with integrated graphics, which does not prevent you to add a timely graphics worthy of the name. Models N68 and N68P-S-S, are currently sold at less than 1200 rs! But there are others. See for yourself. And one last thing: if you should change your motherboard, take a model that supports at least 4 locations ram, 64 bit windows 7 will otherwise it will never look better. A more I remain as 2 cards based 440mmx, I'll try on an old Barton (3200 +) during the next weekend and I will keep you informed in the event of a positive result.

Thank you for all your replies. If I summarize in fact you could put XP on windows 7 drivers but it is useless because they will not work better than standard VGA card? If I also believe though I have no chance to run windows 7 optimally in my current setup, I should at least change my motherboard? Do you agree? Please give me the reply for this as soon as it is possible for you. And also I just want to thank you guys one more time to help me.

You can force all Windows systems to accept a driver, but it's not because the name of the map that you have imposed display (by selecting the driver forced) contained in the device manager, that this driver suits it!! The system displays just what you wanted to see ! That's it. This is not the way it installs a device driver. Did I make mention of an ATI / AMD? So if you want then you can try the solution for this which I have given over here.