Thread: Dual dispay in DVI and VGA monitor plugged in

"Dritan" Guest

Dual dispay in DVI and VGA monitor plugged in

I lately purchased a new monitor for my system that runs on Windows Vista . My video card is is an ATI Radeon 2400 Professional, which does posses any dual monitor capacity. The rear of my 530s has DVI and VGA opening. Formerly, my sole monitor was connected into the DVI outlet and was working without any issue . I purchased the second monitor and joined in into the free VGA port, but the monitor does not react. I receive the yellow light showing that it s on rest it . Has any body got any sort of idea how I can sort this dual display issue out. I am eagerly waiting for your response.

Re: Dual dispay in DVI and VGA monitor plugged in

Are you linking your VGA monitor to a attach on the same metal bracket like your DVI connector? Or is the VGA connector next to your USB ports? If the VGA connector is indeed next to the USB connector , attach your VGA monitor to the connector on the bracket. If your video card has only one slot in it , you will require to purchase a different video card . I do not think you have any other option with you.

I think I too agree on this fact , I was having ATI High definition2400 chipset , you did not mention yours Yes, the ATI HD2400 chipset CAN support dual display, but a few card makers decide to build the card that has one connector. I believe that some OEM cards are made this way.If you require to purchase a new card, you will require to have a "low-profile" kind for a a PCI-e X16 slot.

Well if you ask me you will need to buy the VGA and DVI to DVI adapter as well along with all the , but before but with the same results, Check out whether your system has both the DVI and VGA capabilities or not. You said that you had installed ATI video card , it is also possible that your system graphic card is not seated properly, so what you can do is you can open the system tower and then check in the PCI e slot , remove it and reseat it again if you want. Also make sure that the Video cables are connected to the graphic card but not in the integrated port.