Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

After installing Nvidia 9800 GTX Screen freezes

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 04-01-2011

After installing Nvidia 9800 GTX Screen freezes

I am running Windows 7 RC version and I noticed a display bug so that the screen freezes and only the colors red, blue, green are visible as a point! I do not know if it is because of my graphics card (nvidia 9800 GTX), because I am getting this after installing nvidia 9800 GTX. Or if it's because of Window 7! I also noticed that when I'm in the middle game World of War craft crashes my computer (alt + u + control) so I back to normal after switching the windows! Perhaps these failures are common or not!?

Old 04-01-2011

Re: After installing Nvidia 9800 GTX Screen freezes

Here I want the exact hardware: processor, memory, overclocking or not (CPU and / or GPU), number of hard drives and power. Because sometimes it closely resembles a problem of heating or insufficient voltage for the GPU. So because of that also you will be able to get this kind of issue. And ya please remember one thing that I need this information as soon as you can do this so that I will try to give you enhanced solution on this.
Old 04-01-2011

This is a LAPTOP Toshiba Qosmio X300
  • Intel Core 2 Duo T9400 2.53 GHz
  • Nvidia GeForce 9 Series - 9800M GTX 1,024 MB
  • 4 GB DDR 3
  • 1 Western Digital HDD 320 GB 7200 RPM 16 MB cache (serial ata)
  • 2 Western Digital HDD 160GB 5400 RPM 8 MB cache (serial ata)
And ya one more thing regarding this I want to tell you that I have never change the location of my PC or the configuration of the game! And I have seen these issues from this week. I just want to thank you for your help.
Old 04-01-2011

So first you buy a can of compressed air, you must have to shut down your pc,and start it again so if it will get air then it will get breath inwards.If you have a specific trap video card, insist that the course and the ventilation outlet. Laptops equipped performance very often and a problem of overheating of the dust begins to pile on the CPU heatsink and CG. This is normal but enervate; just give it a little cleaning from time to time. If the problem persists or recurs too often, then change thermal paste on the cpu and often helps cg but this involves dismantling the entire laptop which is not necessarily reassuring the first time.
Old 04-01-2011

I think your PC will most often have problems because this type of configuration is completely unsuited to the laptop. Indeed, confinement and overcrowding components and low ventilation is a bit of dust makes the computer unusable because the heating component processor and graphics card gets too high. The only solution as the previous user says to use a can of dry air through each hole trapping and cooling in the hope that no dust in areas inaccessible. It should be removed by it.
Old 10-01-2011

Well actually I have found both fans of the graphic card located under the PC were dirty (from dust). I wish I disassemble the beast alone HIC still under warranty (February 2011) so I'm stuck, will try your advice for cons I can blow the air outward toward the inside! It is unlikely he not move the dust? How do you extract the dust with a vacuum cleaner? " Thank you for your quick responses and effective.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,