Thread: When I try to update my ATI radeon 9600 series it automatically get failed

When I try to update my ATI radeon 9600 series it automatically get failed

After the installation of Windows 7, I tried to update my graphics card ati radeon 9600 series that get failed automatically. And get lots of errors so I sent an email to AMD. And they told me that update of drivers for graphics cards only take ati HD cards when the other model will not be renewed. And also the solution which they have given regarding this I was not able to get solution. So please help me.

Re: When I try to update my ATI radeon 9600 series it automatically get failed

No alternative to the official ATI drivers HD2xxx previous versions. Certainly this is not normal for a user but you cannot blame ATI for that. Development to maintain the maps completely outdated and not absolutely made for the current systems mostly with your case. You must also tell you that this is not normal that is why Microsoft has stopped support for Windows XP from last three month. If you wish, you can try to find 7.xx drivers and install them manually. If you are not able to do this, then I can give you both 32 or 64 bits or 7.xx 8.xx, But regarding this I am also not very much sure that whether this will support it or not.

After reading the previous reply I just want to say that it is unfortunately impossible to ensure that all configurations prior work with windows 7. Microsoft is committed to support the same hardware as Vista, which is already more compared to previous versions (XP does not support half of the devices ... 95/98). I understand the frustration of seeing unsupported configuration, but we must understand the position of Microsoft and ATI in this case, it is indeed very expensive to maintain optimized development for both the newer and older equipment, and a choice must be made between optimizing performance and maximize compatibility on windows 7, I have both Vista compatibility, speed and agility with XP. By cons it is paid in terms of configuration if you have XP. And windows 7 is not intended to replace XP, there is an evolution of Vista, the transition to be organized from bases Vista in hardware.

I am also going through the same issue actually for now I have no problem with the native drivers of windows 7 but after this it becomes stable and also I cannot do any adjustment left or right of the screen with Catalyst as I have a 22''screen display and I like to install both OS I cannot control the monitor. But finally, I find that ATI does not take into account in Windows 7 drivers forcing people to buy new cards while the 9600 and X150 or others are not so old that the market is not taken into account, as well as multifunction printers from Canon I have the same problem with printers which released in 2008 and sound cards from Creative still many problems to do with windows 7. I hope will be soon corrected by their side.

I have a ati 9600 series and also after starting with with difficult but the thing is that I went into the bios of my machine, I give a 256 mega of ram in my AGP slot and the round was played at every reboot is much better spent I ensure download driver ati catalyst 9.5 vista history of being up to date Performance Index 3.5 I ask not so much with the guts.If you have other idea regarding this then share it.