Thread: How to change the MB usage for graphics card

How to change the MB usage for graphics card

I like to play games on computer so I have installed a graphic card in my computer to get good effect of games. I want to know that how can I change the total of MB usage by the graphic card. Currently it is having 64MB in use. I don’t have any idea about this so I am living the question over here so that I can get opinion from you guys. Thank you very much in advance for reading and replying to this post.

Re: How to change the MB usage for graphics card

I am not very sure about this but this is something related to the BIOS settings. To enter to BIOS settings, you should keep on pressing F8 key when it is starting windows. This will let you to the BIOS settings. There you should check for any of such settings. If you get the one then do the changes accordingly and save and exit the BIOS. I hope that you will get the settings for that. Good Luck!!!

You should follow the steps below to change the graphic card memory use.
    1. Press the restart button that is there on your start menu option.
    2. While booting when it shows you the first line on the screen then you have to press pause button and this will freeze the computer.
    3. Read all the information on the screen and search for the key that is necessary to enter to the BIOS (System Setup). Normally it is at the bottom of the screen. For some of the motherboards it is "Del" key.
    4. Press that key two timers to enter in the BIOS.
    5. Go to the "Advanced Chipset Features" menu and hit Enter.
    6. Now go to "VGA Share Memory Size" and Enter.
    7. Now you can select the memory that you wish to use and then press enter.
    8. Once you are done with all this then you can press F10 key and this will save and exit the BIOS settings.
    9. Now press Esc button and this will exit BIOS and start your computer in normal mode

The best way to get the answer for your question is to read the manual for the motherboard that you are using. I am sure that it will have the steps to do that. There is slight change in the method of doing this depending on the motherboard that you are using. If you don’t have that manual then you can go to the manufacturer’s site and I am sure that you will get the exact steps from there that you have to do to change the memory in use for the graphic card.

Thank you all for your replies. I followed the steps that are given by 5parts and it does the thing for me. It is very easy and anyone can do it without any problem. So I recommend all the other users who are searching for the solution of the same issue to do the same steps and I am sure that it l will solve the problem for you. I tried many things but finally this helped me to change the memory. Thank you again.