Thread: Should I go for 2 x ATI Radeon HD 5850?

unsure Should I go for 2 x ATI Radeon HD 5850?

I am bit confused about the decision of taking 2 x ATI Radeon HD 5850? I am not having enough idea about this video card. So thought to take some suggestions from you members. What you think about this graphic card? Should I go for it? Or is there any issues with this card? Please let me know drawbacks (if any), of it. More information about this graphic card would be grateful. I am believing that someone from your side will help me soon.

Re: Should I go for 2 x ATI Radeon HD 5850?

Up to now, the Radeon HD 5850 the big hook that solely the reference design could be acquired. And that is robust, leaving in effect a useful impression of Non Plus Ultra is especially the used cooling system is still far away. So according to me, you can definitely go for this graphic card. Both PowerColor and Sapphire is now the first variants get away out of the standard designs focus not only on a different cooling system, but also equipped with higher clock rates. PowerColor Radeon HD 5850 PCS sends the + into the race.

The PowerColor Radeon HD 5850 PCS + is currently at 290 euro first online store to have in, so the card just ten euros more expensive, the most inexpensive Radeon HD 5850 reference design is available. The PCB of the PowerColor Radeon HD 5850 PCS + is in red and measures a length of just under 26 cm, making it visible for longer than the standard model. The arrangement of the parts on the PCB has changed with it. For the operation of two six-pin power connectors are used. The cooling system includes the entire front of the graphics card, the back has to get by without any cooling. The impression one receives from the cooler is massive, especially due to the bulky plastic casing. The construction is nothing new. A recessed copper cooling block is mounted directly on the GPU. About this numerous aluminum fins are attached.

Even I think that this video card is good option. A total of four heatpipes PowerColor is one of heat transport. A 90 mm in diameter, large axial fan, mounted directly above the GPU, this holds at low temperatures. The active control of the fan leaves a good impression On Windows, the RV870 GPU clocked the PowerColor Radeon HD 5850 PCS + down to 157 MHz. The same applies to 1024 MB of GDDR5 memory, which is idle or operating at 600 MHz. Under load, the computing core clocked up to 760 MHz, which he runs 35 MHz faster than the standard model. The memory then acts with 2,100 MHz, 100 MHz more than usual. On the bracket installed, the manufacturer two dual-link DVI, HDMI and a DisplayPort output. Thus Eyefinity is with as many as three monitors possible. The cable features of the Radeon HD 5850 PCS + is poor: more than one DVI to D-SUB adapter and a CrossFire bridge does not exist. PowerColor sets for the box but the DirectX 11 game Colin McRae DiRT 2 in which more than compensate for the deficiency only. A driver CD is also available.

I would like to discuss about the Sapphire Radeon HD 5850. The PCB of the card does not have much in common with the derivative of the reference design and comes in a typical-color. Also this board is 26 cm long and thus a good bit longer than the equivalent of a conventional model, which comes to about 24 cm. For proper operation, also two six-pin power connectors are required. The cooling system on the Radeon HD 5850 makes a powerful impression. It covers the entire front of the card, while the back has to completely make do without cooling. The core consists of an aluminum plate in which a block is embedded in copper, which was placed directly on the RV870 GPU. In addition, provided by three heat pipes and the famous Sapphire Vapor-Chamber for heat removal.

ATI Radeon HD 5850 is good option for graphic card. You can go for Sapphire Radeon HD 5850 or PowerColor Radeon HD 5850, nothing much difference. in Sapphire Radeon HD 5850, The PCB of the card does not have much in common with the derivative of the reference design and comes in a typical-color. Also this board is 26 cm long and thus a good bit longer than the equivalent of a conventional model, which comes to about 24 cm. For proper operation, also two six-pin power connectors are required. The cooling system on the Radeon HD 5850 makes a powerful impression. It covers the entire front of the card, while the back has to completely make do without cooling. The core consists of an aluminum plate in which a block is embedded in copper, which was placed directly on the RV870 GPU. In addition, provided by three heat pipes and the famous Sapphire Vapor-Chamber for heat removal.