Thread: Cmos checksum error on p5n-e sli

Cmos checksum error on p5n-e sli

I have immediately or recently construct my innovative system. I have comprised a ASUS P5N32-E SLI Plus motherboard, 2 (2x1Gb) OCZ PC6400 RAM, E2140 (w/stock cooler), WD Raptor SATA 74Gb, LG DVD Burner SATA, Thermaltake 430W PSU, ATI Radeon Sapphire X800 512 PCI-E. When I boot up the whole thing I acquire this CMOS checksum error defaulting loaded. I had continually press F1 to persist. The screen goes blank and not anything occurs. What might be the problem in it I need some here related to the topic.

Re: Cmos checksum error on p5n-e sli

In this you have to unplug the system commencing from the wall take the battery on the motherboard out for 10 minutes. Shift the "Clear CMOS" jumper commencing from pins 1&2 to pin 2&3, wait a minute then position it back to pins 1&2 and reinstate the battery. Start the system, enter BIOS and decide "Load setup defaults", save and exit. In addition you might have comprised a terrible battery. OK I had purchased a innovative PSU. I reinstate the CMOS battery and cleared the CMOS. I in addition loaded the BIOS defaulting. I tranquil not be able to get pass by means of the intention of screen additional than the error is disappeared. When the system is booting up I press TAB for the position details and as it is completed recognizing the SATA HDD and DVD.

By means of the intention of is the thing I merely have comprised what I listed previous to connected to the motherboard. I even endeavor utilizing 1 stick of RAM. I immediately take a hunch and I had purchased I innovative PCIe video card. That had solved the tribulations. One additional quick query. If I add an additional dissimilar to the second PCIe slot. Bbe able to me utilize 4 monitors. If its nvidia, The Second Cards (When in SLI) VGA / DVI slots determine to be put out of action, so you determine to merely be capable to utilize two monitors on the 1st card. Even though I do not be familiar by means of regarding Crossfire ( ATI Radeon ). I have comprised and had eliminated the battery commencing from the motherboard I understand by means of the intention of determine to reset BIOS.

It give the impression of being approximating you have comprised a sata hard drive so there might not be a IDE hard drive installed, do you encompass a IDE drive, if your do create certain the power and data leads are completely seated, the data ribbon make sure on both ends motherboard and drive. I do not be familiar by means of what IDE or SATA means, additional than the cable working with commencing from the motherboard to the harddisk is red and says SATA the entire in excess of, so guess by means of the intention of is what it is. They are together seated appropriately and mutually DVD and Harddisk have power. I did not have comprised the manual to any further extent. I originate the accurate manual subsequent to picked a small number of wrong models first, they give the impression of being alike.

So I have encompassed and been having resonance problem (card would not detect) etc, been troubleshooting, understand writing something regarding plug and play stuff, so I turned on 'plug and play OS' in bios not certain if this foundation it, additional than by means of the intention of is the most recent thing I did. Figured I might turn it off if it did not anything. On subsequently restart I got this message.(Tech hold up told me by means of the intention of PnP OS had nothing to do by means of the problem). So I position in a windows boot disc, and it then tells me incredible regarding booting commencing from disk, additional than not capable to locate file AWDFLASH.exe. This is what led me to consider the bios are corrupt or incredible. I position by means of the intention of file + most recent bios on CD.

If you necessitate to test it, additional than most probable the psu has been overworked and is dying, overloaded psu's be able to and do take additional components by means of them when they go terrible. Ok I have comprised and got a 600watt sli psu the guy in the shop guaranteed me it would do the job. Additional than at present the pin's do not fit right. This is presently tribulations subsequent to predicament here. Subsequent to the usual teething tribulations, it is at present stable and boots each time. On the other hand, I am at present receiving the 'CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults restored' communication when it is a cold restart. I consideration by means of the intention of it must be the CMOS battery, so I reinstate it, additional than the tribulations has not gone away. If I immediately shut down the PC and do not eliminate the power, then it determines to restart each time without the CMOS error.