Thread: System freezes while playing games with Nvidia GTX 460 in windows 7

System freezes while playing games with Nvidia GTX 460 in windows 7

Thinking about performance let me tell you it is extreme machine. But the problem started after installing Dragon Age: Origins (direct2drive). The game was performing perfectly at very high-resolution for an hour before it suddenly froze while in-game. At the time when it froze, the sound note was playing right away repeats for an indefinite period on the speakers. Mouse as well as the keyboard non-responsive even I'm forced to do a manually reboot of the machine. At this point I have a flood of freezing problems occurs when I trying to boot again into windows 7. First the system says no-dvi present and cannot not recognize its plugged in. I restart again and windows freezes at the start up screen. I restart the whole system once more and it still freezes in safe mode (both networked as well as unnetworked). When I lastly get back into windows after numerous more reboots then Dragon Age freezes once more time during the load screen. The freezing occur now both in dragon age and windows at arbitrary intervals and random triggers, from anyplace between a few seconds to a few hours. So anyone have any suggestion should I do to overcome this problem.

Re: System freezes while playing games with Nvidia GTX 460 in windows 7

I'm still attempted to decide what is the problem. I have isolated it to a indication I can replicate with 95% uniformity though - freezing boot. I just twist the machine off for 8 hours and afterward boot it up - and on this initial boot it lags big time throughout the bios post, and then wraps out during the loading of Windows 7. Every other boot after that appears very well - but if I turn it off for an additional 8 hours I can reproduce. So I bought new RAM and tried it out with every different timing setting in the BIOS - and it yet has the cold boot issue. So I'm believe its difficulty with the welding somewhere on the MOBO and I'm getting ready to RMA it.

I think it has a bit to do with the gtx 460 graphic card since I have had my computer for four months now but I had a gtx 260 graphic card and never once suffered this problem. The trouble started 2 weeks ago when I installed my original Zotac gtx 460 768mb graphic card driver. I have emailed their client service and they haven't told me something helpful. I removed out my old drivers and updated to all the most recent drivers and that helped me quite well. My opinion is that it doesn't have a lot to do with the memory of the RAM as much as it's the graphics card.

I will tell you what to perform whenever any game freezes in middle of the termed. When the computer freezes don't just try to restart the computer, first of all turn the psu off in the back and then twist it back on, that way it doesn't solidify when going into windows 7 (can't make out why that is but that has carry out the past two days). So my first suggestion check the psu properly and then restart your whole system again.