Thread: Crackling sound while using MSI Hawk GTX 460

Crackling sound while using MSI Hawk GTX 460

I purchased a MSI GTX 460 Hawk model I m using the most recent Nvidia driver as well as the Nvidia examiner for over clocking , I have a ASUS P5Q-ME Mobo and a E5200 processor in my system. I m going through a strange problem, When i open up a GPU intensive applications or run several game benchmark , i get indistinct / crackly sound for a pair of seconds ? I m using on the onboard sound although? through optical on my ASUS motherboard , Ive attempted 2 dissimilar realtek drivers and i get the similar problem I have even attempted windows own High Definition driver , Also i observe in device manager i contain 4x Nvidia High Definition Audio drivers ? so what causes the crackling sound any help will be grateful.

Re: Crackling sound while using MSI Hawk GTX 460

This is not too unusual to comprise this on the GTX460 from the only some criticism that I have seen thus distant. So it could be power (rare if it is) but frequently it is dishonored drive which you may have previously ruled out. So begin to check the cables as well as the connectors for any troubles there. The last but not least verify the voltages and temperature of the system and or the processor. If you contain more than one PCI-E port, attempt to plugging the Graphics card into a unlike port to observe if that helps. Could be interference, this from time to time come about with integrated graphics.

I had perform that i could obtain again into windows with the GPU card even plugged in ? Shall i still continue to obtain a RMA? I m not excessively passionate about flashing my BIOS been on to the provider (OCUK) about RMA and they have recommended flashing my BIOS? I take it they mean my motherboard BIOS. I have never performed this previously and I am a little bit concerned about troubling my motherboard up, do you believe it’s worth a try. is it easy ?

I could not even boot in to windows last night because I also face the problem with the graphic card, i need to boot the whole setup into safe mode take the GPU driver off and restart it again, formerly i had perform that i could acquire back into windows with the GPU card even plugged in ? Shall i still continue to obtain a RMA ? I’m not exceedingly passionate about flashing my BIOS been on to the provider (OCUK) about RMA and they have suggested discontinuous my BIOS? I take it they mean my motherboard BIOS.