Thread: Asus Radeon 4850 overheating at 100% fanspeed

Asus Radeon 4850 overheating at 100% fanspeed

I've got very high temperature with my ASUS 4850 in the previous 2-3 weeks. I have my ASUS 4850 for 3 month. The whole thing was working very fine for the first two month, performing at cool temperature with 40-60% fan speed, but later it happening to get 70 degree Celsius at 3d load and happening to be concerned so i started to exercise the fan speed at 100% but it is not of great help for me. For the most recent 2-3 weeks, my system temperature not running at 60 Degree Celsius IDLE at 100% fan speed and got 96 degree Celsius which cause to crash my various application whenever I start to go into application.

Re: Asus Radeon 4850 overheating at 100% fanspeed

I think that you must not sure the Riva itunes utility if you are trying to purchase this one for controlling the temperature. Because Riva doesn't support the 4Ks range still (or no less than to my experience it doesn't yet). You can use AMDGPU regulator instrument to place the oc you desire not fan speeds. The only alternative is to take away the blue wire on the fan header to perform it at 100% or do the profiles modify using a side view in CCC. Or you can mod the bios which work magnificently. If you modify the bios you will require gpu-z to get the bios then make use of RBE to regulate and once you have what you desire for to use ATIwinflash or presently ATIflash on a bootable usb.

Mine ASUS 4850 runs super hot as well. I was an untimely adopter and got a reference copy. The fan is loud as all hell and at 50% in serious graphics games it will effortlessly arrive at 100C. I sprint it at 80% fan speed for games and it maintains it around 75-80 degree Celsius. It’s loud as hell although. Desktop application I m running is about40-50% fan speed and temperature of the system remain about 70-75 degree Celsius. I am planning at purchasing an accelero twin turbo which easily decrease my system even at low fan speed. I have been putting the choice off for too long now coming up for them to demonstrate up at in major stream US vendor like newegg which they have not so far.

I purchased a Asus 4850 a few months ago and have always had fairly of an overheating difficulty. I set the fan speed to 65% when idle and 70% when gaming. Even at 70% the card's temperature when playing games like Call of Duty 4 as well as Fallout 3 is upper 70 degree low 80 Degree. But during the last some days the card keeps departing into the mid 90s, and I'm actually noticing a drop in fps (18-20 when playing Fallout 3). I have the supply hsf on the card, but in addition getting an aftermarket cooler I don't make out how to lower the temperature. My processor temperature are upper 30 degree at idle and mid 50 degree when under stress, and I purchased an aftermarket cooler and arctic silver functional. I believe the processors are okay though temperature wise.

I would check to make sure its not all dusty, i had a 4870, would hit 90.C just playin san andreas, opened it up, cleaned the heatsink off added arctic silver, the card is still in my girls computer and now runs about 70.C max, make sure your case has adequate cooling as well, like a front inlet fan down at the bottom or something. in any case you could always get a dremel and cut a fan hole in your side panel lol
    and always make sure the heatsink is properly seated on the gpu, ANY movement of the heatsink can render the thermal paste useless and form bubbles between the heatsink and gpu
    Last edited by DoleBobSLI; 02-01-2011 at 04:08 AM.