Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Radeon HD 5770 not working on Asrock Conroe1333 D667

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 16-12-2010

Radeon HD 5770 not working on Asrock Conroe1333 D667

I have bought a new graphic card which is Sapphire Radeon hd 5770 unluckily it is not working on my Asrock Conroe1333 D667 motherboard. Now I am not so familiar with the hardware settings of the computer systems due to which I am not able to check that where it would be having problem and this card is not working on this machine. But I know that this card works perfectly as I have used the same on my friend's machine which was having dell machine where it worked. Can you guys suggest me that what it needs to make this video card working on my machine?

Old 16-12-2010

Re: Radeon HD 5770 not working on Asrock Conroe1333 D667

Possibly it seems to be the driver that are asked by your motherboard in order to run this hardware along with it. I suggest you to get the proper driver for the hardware which you want to use on this machine. I would like to ask you that have to tried using this graphic card on the machine which was having the same operating system as that of one that has been installed on your machine. Actually it could be an issue with the version of an operating system which might not be matching with the drivers that you have installed on it. I mean to say if your machine has 64 bit OS then install the 64bit drivers only as 32bit drivers might not work.
Old 16-12-2010

Check that your machine is having a proper PSU which is needed by your new hardware that you have connected. Actually graphic cards are those device which needs bit more power supply then that of normal machine which has only default video card installed on the motherboard. I would like to ask you that of how much watts does your machine has power supply. I guess the graphic card which you have installed would be asking at least of 350 watt PSU. One of my colleague has the same graphic card but he never faced any such problem, His machine has 450 watts PSU but I think this graphic card would be even working with the PSU of 350 watt as well.
Old 16-12-2010

I suggest you to flash the BIOS which might solve this problem. Unknown to most users, the BIOS software is essential for the proper functioning of the PC. Without it, Windows could not start. Unlike other software, the BIOS is not stored on the hard disk: it is housed in bowels of the machine, inside an electronic component located on the motherboard. On all newer PCs, this component is a flash memory. This means that if necessary the BIOS can be easily updated to Using a simple software (MS-DOS). This procedure is called flash (hence the term "Flashing the BIOS). In practice, this involves a serious risk: if the procedure stops unexpectedly, the PC can not work at all! Many users who have heard about the opportunity to update the BIOS are still tempted to do so.
Old 16-12-2010

Sometimes, the update also provides access to new functions (eg for overclocking). But it may happen that an update is generating new concerns. This case is still very rare. If you are determined to complete the transaction, you need to get a BIOS version newer than you have. For a branded PC, you will usually find the manufacturer's website (the download is free). If you built your own micro home an assembler, or if it is a non-branded PC or an unknown brand, turn to the publisher's Bios, contact the manufacturer of the motherboard, or ask your dealer. In all cases, Please make sure to check about the new version. This is almost always in English, use a dictionary if you have any doubt about the meaning of a word or on the details of the procedure.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , , , , ,