Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Screen tearing in ATI 5870 graphic card

Monitor & Video Cards

Old 15-12-2010

Screen tearing in ATI 5870 graphic card

I newly bought a Sapphire new brand ATI 5870 graphic card, as I was swapping a Nvidia GeForce graphic card (and since it was concerning time anyhow) I determined to format previous to installing the graphic card. I installed Windows 7 home Premium 64-bit, installed the drivers and began understanding odd display tearing. Find out this was a Windows 7 problem I formatted once more. This time installing Microsoft Vista Ultimate 64-bit, installed most recent drivers and the screen tearing happened once more! This continued during gaming, on the display screen and normal application (Word, Excel, etc). After disabling the A.I. characteristic the tearing stopped occurring while playing games. But tearing on Desktop, Internet Explorer, etc still leftovers, I don't desire to charge this against drivers as if I do waiting until they sort out them will most probably take me past being able to RMA the graphic card. So anyone have any suggestions for this post then please reply me at this post. Help will be grateful to you.

Old 15-12-2010

Re: Screen tearing in ATI 5870 graphic card

It seem to be that you are using SAPPHIRE Vapor-X 100381VX-2SR Radeon HD 5870 1GB. That card is slightly over clocked from the industrial unit. You may want to undertake to decrease the clock speed on the DDR5 memory from 1.25 GHz to 1.2 GHz and then check out that if that solution solve things up. I have a GIGABYTE GV-R585SO-1GD Radeon HD 5870 (Cypress XT) 1GB and had the precise similar problem. I condensed the DDR5 memory clock pace to 1.2 GHz and the difficulty went away for me. The DDR5 memory is very susceptible to clock speed to that is why I thinking that it may tearing the screen. Fine-tuning up or down some MHz should improve the difficulty. There appear to be a precise sweet spot where the graphic card performs superior. It may not be the similar mark from card to card.
Old 15-12-2010

I think this is an artifact issue because a distortion in an image or display caused by a restriction or break down in the hardware or software. Artifacts may or may not be simply noticeable. Under concentrated examination, one might find artifacts all the time, but some pixels out of equilibrium or some milliseconds of irregular noise often go unnoticed. Undertake down clocking your graphic card it might help you out. If the concern still continues, then I consider its the PSU, otherwise the graphic card. Also, there is a little possibility that it is the motherboard problem, as it is based on the buggy intel 680i chipset. Excluding i would remain it for the very last. Or you can try out this trick that turn VSynchronization on. The alternative should be someplace in the Catalyst Control Centre to solve the screen tearing issue.
Old 15-12-2010

I think that you have update your bios setup in order to solve the problem if the above mentioned solution would work out for you then you should go with my solution. Open a support ticket through Sapphire as well as explain to them about your problems that are you facing with the screen tearing. Inform them you would akin to to try the most recent bios driver. They will request for your SKU No. and Serial No. Note: Flashing a gpu VBios from official side will not canceled the guarantee.

TechArena Community > Hardware > Monitor & Video Cards
Tags: , , , ,