Thread: Geforce 8400 GS PCI 512bm DDR2 graphic card having troubles installing

Geforce 8400 GS PCI 512bm DDR2 graphic card having troubles installing

Hey recently I have purchased a Geforce 8400 GS PCI 512bm DDR2 graphic card.and I am trying to install it on my computer running windows XP but I cannot do it properly I am not able to get what I have to do so please tell me what I have to do to install my Geforce 8400 GS PCI 512bm DDR2 graphic card in my computer.please give me your suggestion so that I can solve my issue.

Re: Geforce 8400 GS PCI 512bm DDR2 graphic card having troubles installing

First of all you have to Uninstall existing graphics card drivers. Before you install your new card, you will require to uninstall your present graphics card's drivers to avoid any potential clash. Right-press My Computer and choose Properties. In the Hardware tab, locate the button to open the Device Manager. Your graphics card is supposed to be listed in the Display Adapter heading. Double-press the name of your graphics card to go to a properties window for your existing card. At the Last Under the Driver tab, you have to press the Uninstall button.

To take out old card you first have to shut down your computer plus unplug it from the wall. Open the case as well as place the AGP slot. It is the brown-plastic slot normally found over the white-plastic PCI slots. Confirm that you primary ground yourself by first touching a metal piece of your computer case or by wearing an antistatic wrist strap. Grounding yourself will stop you from receiving shocked plus from accidentally damaging your computer's components. If you are replacing a graphics card, you will require to take out a little screw attached to the back plate prior to taking out the card.

After taking out the old card you can install new card. It would not harm to page during your new card's instruction guide at this time. After that, you have to get your new graphics card out of its foil wrapper as well as slide it into your motherboard's AGP slot. Click down definitely with even force until it is firmly in position .your computer won't boot up except the card is in all the way. Screw it into the back plate as well as close up your case.

When you have installed your graphic card after that you have to install new drivers for it. Turn on your computer as well as install the drivers. Windows XP is supposed to automatically identify the new hardware as well as walk you during the installation wizard. If Windows does not identify the card, press Settings from the Start menu. After that go to the Control Panel and press Add Hardware. From there, a wizard will assist you to install the latest drivers from the CD that came along with your latest card.

Confirm that the video card is correctly seated. The gold connectors require to be wash out by means of the PCI slot. If you observe a slant in its place, after that the card won't be accepted. It be able to take a small finesse to work it the entire way in there, since the slot is usually very snug. But you will know it is in while the plastic connector connection snaps into position.