Thread: Problem with AGP video card

Problem with AGP video card

I mention my problem to see if someone can give me a hand. I have a PC with a Asrock motherboard K7S41GX that comes with integrated video card and got a ASUS Radeon 9200SE 128 MB AGP, so I started to install. I connected the plate and put the following in the BIOS: In Advanced> Resource Configuration. Primary Graphics Adapter: AGP (formerly in CRP). AGP Data Rate: Auto (on the motherboard says AGP 8X but the most you left me here was to 4X so I left it in AUTO). AGP Fast Write: Enabled (I'm not sure so I left it as it was). So in this when I turn on the PC I found that there was never signal to the monitor I see nothing! The AGP's works because I connected another plate and took the plate smoothly and also because I tried it on another PC and walked. What can be wrong then? Any ideas?

Re: Problem with AGP video card

You proceeded to connect the VGA in its socket properly? Integrates this and load the bios and check the effect, the results. I have even if it is possible to reset the jumper. So first whatever I am telling you over here try to do this as soon as it is possible for you. And after that if you get the solution then please inform me here.

I am also facing this and that is why I just want to thanks for the suggestions! I tried, but got the same result. On the issue of voltage I found out that the AGP slot is 1.5V actually had a sticker attached which read: "Please do NOT use a 3.3V AGP card on the AGP slot of this MB. It May cause permanent damage." What is unclear is to determine the voltage required by the board. I reset the BIOS I tried but I think I did wrong (I never did before.) In this and according to the manual I have to put a jumper there for 3 seconds. It's a silly question, but what I have to do with the PC off or put the jumper and light it for 3 seconds? How do I know if I could actually reset?

It is with the pc off, and then call it the jumper for about 5 seconds, you should find out the official website of the graphics to whatever works if voltage is over 1.5 Behold your problem. Happened to me in a couple of occasions so good mobo and vga but separate, did not serve together in the end I had to sell the AGP and the other time I think to buy another mobo.

I could not find the voltage or the ASUS site nor anywhere else online, but if you're like FYN says, is 1.5vy there should be no problem, right? Did you reset the BIOS is to take plate? So, should connect the motherboard and reset the BIOS to see if the lift? Because as I said at the beginning, I connected another plate and took it just fine, without doing anything weird. The jumper did not work, did not change the system time or anything. So I guess I'll try removing the battery. The day after tomorrow I'll be struggling with this issue again, so do the test as soon as I tell. Thank you all for your help.