Thread: No Picture via HDMI to HDMI connection

No Picture via HDMI to HDMI connection

I Own a HP Pavilion (a4310f) PC. I am configuring it as a HTPC to utilize through a 50 inch Samsung plasma TV (PN50A510). The Graphic card in my PC is Sapphire 1GB ATI HD5450 which has been functioning properly. I tried to connect the PC to the TV via a DVI-to-HDMI cable. By this connection the picture comes while just well. The problem occurs when I try connecting the PC to the TV using a HDMI-to-HDMI cable I dig up no picture but presently a warning that says “Check signal cable” in the core of the screen and “HDMI2/DVI - No Time Information - 1920x1080@60Hz” notice at the pinnacle of the screen. I did the same connection to my ViewSonic monitor (VX2260wm) and there I got no issue. Both audio and video just worked fine. Now I am looking for a help for these things get working. I hope that somebody might have a good guidance or explanation for this issue.

Re: No Picture via HDMI to HDMI connection

It seems to me that there might not be any problem with your TV. It is either the issue of cable or connection or the PC itself. As far as I know the plasma TV has 2 HMDI ports and there is not anything in the TV menus that permit you to inform the TV that the contribution to the HDMI ports is initiating from DVI or HMDI. Try another HDMI port is one is not possible. Check your plasma TV manual for the right connection from GPU to the HDMI of the TV.

Was DVI and HDMI are different TV inputs? Do you have any option in your TV menu to select the appropriate input for TV? I think that the incompatibility between the GPU port and the TV port is causing this error. What OS you are using right now? Do you have any option for the TV output in GPU control panel program? I think that there are some kinds of settings in BIOS or in graphic card control panel which transform the signal via HDM-to-HDMI. Possible that the HDMI connection is only for monitors only not for any kinds of TV.

First of all I want to tell you that I didn’t find any computer that has HDMI on it. But you can use DVI to HDMI cable for the connection. If you are connecting via Graphic card then the HDMI to HDMI is possible. But in your case it seems to me that without the adapter it is not possible for a PC to send video signal to the TV. I think you should go for DVI-to-HDMI cable or adapter. Otherwise use a scan converter box to make things better.

There is some setup is missing either in PC control panel or TV. Why do you really need to use HDMI to HDMI connection, if you are getting a picture via DVI-to-HDMI cable? I know that the HDMI picture quality is far more than the other. I heard that there are different version of HDMI are available. Also check that either your GPU or TV has a capability for 8-channel LPCM output through HDMI. Also do not use any damaged cable or some lengthy cable. These cables lack signals when transmitting.