Thread: Signal lacking in Dual Monitor

Signal lacking in Dual Monitor

Currently my PC is running with Windows vista. The PC has a good NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT card, I have been using Samsung monitor as a primary display which has been connected with DVI connection. Now my recent try is to connect a additional monitor using DVI to VGA adapter. When I connected the second monitor to system, it says that the secondary monitor is recognizing and functioning properly, buy there is no signal at all. When I test the new monitor by connection into the primary monitor socket it works fine. But what is the issue in previous setup? Am I missing any Nvidia configuration? Anybody have suggestion related to this; feel free to post in this thread. Thanks in advance.

Re: Signal lacking in Dual Monitor

I think that it is probably be the issue of fault adapter. You should replace it with a new one if the adapter itself is not functioning properly. Make sure that you have bought the right connector or adapter. Otherwise put the video card to different PCI slot and install the latest drivers. If any malfunction in PCIe itself it will be going to be solved. Also use the same graphic card in other PC and perform the same setup. This will help you to know, which is causing the problem of signal loss.

I have been seeing several threads regarding the No signal issue. There are several reasons for monitor that lacks in signal. But general cause is the incapability of PSU. The PSU might not be capable of sending enough power to GPU so that it can utilize the dual monitor. It will be better if you test the capacity of your PSU. Low power PSU will not capable for handling the high end GPU’s like the one you are currently using. The recommended PSU power is 500watt. More will be better. I hope that you may know how to check the power. Use good tool for this testing.

Did you check the dual configuration monitor in Windows XP or 7? There is no problem in using Windows Vista. Just in case if it is the cause of OS. Is it the issue of new monitor or the dual monitor setup? Check the monitor connector and cable assuming that might be the issue of new device. Have checked the Nvidia Control Panel for dual monitor setup? Have you played with some its settings? I think that you probably not.

I observed when I was looking at fresh motherboards near the beginning this year that several modern motherboard's foremost chipsets onboard video will not permit a regular DVI to VGA adapter to effort because the cabling isn't there. In that case, if you stare in the User manual or alike for your product name model, it will almost certainly either not point out using a DVI to VGA adapter or the mainboard does not sustain using one.

I think that the Windows vista is only enabling the default display that means only the primary display. To check it go to Control Panel >Display Properties >Settings. Clutch your cursor above the displays - if one is disabled you will see it as "Not Active". So therefore, right click on that disabled display to enable it. The system may ask you to reboot as well. If this will not going to help you then assume that there might be some compatibility issue between the system and the monitor or system and GPU. Better to solve it first.