Thread: Difference between Single slot and Dual slot graphic card

Difference between Single slot and Dual slot graphic card

Yesterday I got a new Nvidia 250 GTS graphic card for my desktop PC. I have successfully installed it in my system without any issue. After several hours I just checked the temperature. When the GPU id on full load the temperature hits to 80 °C and when it is in idle state the temp is 63 °C. I don’t know whether it is the safe temp or not. My case or cabinet contain extra 2 fans with good amount of airflow. The outer temp is also cool. My doubt is whether my Video card is single slot or dual slot card? If it is a single card slot then what should be its temperature? Is mine one is fine? Hoping that you got my question properly.

Re: Difference between Single slot and Dual slot graphic card

There are no such cards for dual slots. Every cards belonging to a single slot only. I think that someone might have given you a wrong explanation about cards. It is just the size of the card. There are only advanced big sized cards from some manufacturer which seems to be dual slot when they are placed in your motherboard. These kinds of cards just took two slot place or area of the surrounding.

In reality it's a bit more convoluted. There are cards that won’t use two genuine slots but the fan or heatsink is bulky enough that it will wrap the slot beneath it contained by your computer, efficiently building it a dual slot card. The card Jack connected as solitary slot is one of them.I don't consider there are any definite single slots GTS 250s from Nvidia.

Safe and sound temperature boundaries are not reliant on having a solitary or twin slot graphics card, though double slot cards commonly have inferior temperatures. The current temperatures are fine. You don’t need to worry about GPU until it runs over high 90. Make sure that there is good airflow from your CPU cabinet and try to use better fan or heatsinker in case. Adjust the power voltage if the temperature is rising over the normal high point.

There are no such dual slot cards. There are only dual GPU-based graphics card from some manufacturer. This is the one advance technology I think you were not aware of. The NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GX2 is an uber-powered, dual GPU-based graphics card that influences tremendous HD gaming and endows with an absolute, elevated definition entertainment incident for the PC. The Nvidia GeForce GTX 295 is also a dual-GPU based graphic card.

Dual slot cards are typically advanced end, devotee rank products. It comes down to a trade-off among the quantity of temperature and noise formed and breathing space taken up in the casing and how many input/outputs there are.One major benefit of a few Dual Slot solutions is that the GPU cooler is premeditated to drive out the hot air unswervingly out of the back of the container. This isn't to say that all dual slot cards achieve this but it is impressive to reflect on. A dual slot solution also could be a lead in that a superior extra competent heatsink/fan proposes can be used for improved performance in addition to lots of times being take away deafening in process.